Companies and their requirements

What’s up with all the ‘‘looking for enthusiastic (or ‘‘energetic’’) driver to…’’ job requirements? So if I’m calm and collected I’m no good? ‘‘Delivering exceptional customer service’’ - uhm, you’re going to be delivering to closed stores at the dead of night - as long as all stock is delivered as instructed and without damage to it or the store and you don’t trash their car park that’s good ‘‘customer service’’ I’d think, or am I missing something here?

Must have at least 2 years of experience - class 2 job ad offering £10 p.h. working direct, no agency, multidrop. I was making this much when I had 2 days of experience, same area (Midlands).

■■■■, the job market looks tough now - experienced driver or not. £11-12 ph for Class 1 NIGHTS looks to be the norm

And some state the applicant must go the extra mile , be a team player or work unsupervised and represent the image of the company at all times to add be a good timekeeper .
The corporate buzz words are similar to the corporate sign writing on their units and trailer fleet that involves that ridiculous word of LOGISTICS , seen on every truck .
But seen on a rigid sewer tanker truck was " This mucking job ■■■■■ "

The 2 years driving experince is more for insurance reason more than anything. Else.

edd1974:
The 2 years driving experince is more for insurance reason more than anything. Else.

Yeah right so offer to take a wage cut to pay the extra premiums.The ethnic origin and ‘EU driving licencing’ questions on the application forms are there for a reason.Suddenly the 2 years requirement like ‘checkable references’ by necessity becomes very flexible.

edd1974:

Well ■■■■ them. So companies who will take on drivers with 0 or 6 months xp can justify the £10 p. h. because insurance - understandable. However those who insist on 2 years are supposedly paying less for ins. so why pay the same 10 p. h.? They want some other company ti go through the initial risk of taking on an unproven driver and then take him from them? How? Why would anyone go to them for a tenner if a tenner is offered pretty much everywhere… Would rather stick with the company who gave me a chance when no other would.

Once again ■■■■ those slimebags