Communal showers at truckstops

Its 2015 not 1715, down ut pit all day washing off coal dust.
What is your opinions, not everybody likes to stand naked with complete strangers.
The same for sharing ferry cabins with strangers stumbling back from the bar at two am, then snoring and ■■■■■■■.
No other industry would allow this.
Office workers sharing showers, it aint gona happen.

Whats up small knob syndrome ■■? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

toby1234abc:
Its 2015 not 1715, down ut pit all day washing off coal dust.
What is your opinions, not everybody likes to stand naked with complete strangers.

You’ve obviously never been to a gym.

Nowt wrong with sharing a shower with other menfolk, admittedly I will try and think ■■■■ thoughts to provide a more impressive spectacle, this can backfire badly if one overdoes it though.

Offering to wash other mens backs is a no-no apparently.
Also its good manners to warn others if a soap dropping event has occured, a high pitched squeal of ‘ohhhhh butterfingers’ works followed by the only time I have ever used the correct manual handling technique (bend at the knees) to pick it up.

I’ve just finished my mornings gym session and showered in the communal showers (3 showers).
I also worked down the pit after leaving school, and it wasn’t uncommon for 200+ guys to be stool naked in open shower bays with only pipe work to hide your modesty. Being confronted after your 1st day at work as a 16yr old, stood in the shower, shampoo in your eyes. Then suddenly a total stranger starts scrubbing your back with the most course sponge you can buy, then be asked “right lad scrub me back will tha” you somehow have to get used to it. But that was the way it was “at the Pit”
But for day to day showing in shared showers anywhere just MTFU and follow a bit of the etiquette noted earlier

just dont bend over and you will be ok

as for ■■■■■■■ in cabins !!! that would be most amusing, worth the ferry fare in its own right in my mind.

I shared a shower with an Australian hitchhiker, in Portugal, her mate ran off with a Portuguese driver.

Suggest you buy Soap-on-a-Rope so you dont drop it.
Sharing is all about being a tramper so get used to it.
Just leave skid marks on the loo basin to mark you have been their!

Being hung like a hamster I just have to grin and bear it, ïf however I had a proper grown up weapon I’d be hanging out at gyms, rugby clubs, truck stops, if fact anywhere naked men gathered. :wink:

Is this the root of your objections too Tobes? :smiley:

I really don’t no what to put to this one but after time in the army and playing rugby it’s never really bothered me about getting me kit off maybe a few other drivers should be the same you no the ones that stink to hight heaven on a Monday morning I think what I’m trying to say it don’t be shy lads we all have the same think size don’t matter well that’s what the wife says anyway :open_mouth: :blush: :wink: :grimacing:

I’ve showered with hundreds of men over the years due to football when I was younger and 17 years as a docker when I would shower after work every day. Shared rooms with mates on weekends away or blokes holidays but got to say never have and wouldn’t like to share a small cabin with a stranger.

Anyway is there many truckstops with communal showers ?

I’ll soap anybodys back for the rate price :wink: :wink: :wink:

Dotty D:
I really don’t no what to put to this one but after time in the army and playing rugby it’s never really bothered me about getting me kit off maybe a few other drivers should be the same you no the ones that stink to hight heaven on a Monday morning I think what I’m trying to say it don’t be shy lads we all have the same think size don’t matter well that’s what the wife says anyway :open_mouth: :blush: :wink: :grimacing:

thats not what you wife told me :smiley:

skypilot:

Was once told that Soap on a Rope came in the shape of a lorry driver’s finger?

bestbooties:

skypilot:

Was once told that Soap on a Rope came in the shape of a lorry driver’s finger?

Sausage finger size :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

One of our young rigid drivers raised this subject the other day. He was asked by one of our senior drivers if he had ever seen the film ’ The Shawshank Redemption '.
The lad hadn’t seen the film and asked why it was pertinent. The senior driver advised the lad that he would enjoy the film as it has scenes very similar to the inevitable outcome of a rigid driver showering at truckstops.

I am pleased to report that our class 2 driving colleague is now terrified of a night out lol.

Communal showers at Shepshed and Avonmouth truckstops.

We ve still got communal showers at our place and big arsed miners. Total eye contact at all times. If the soap drops. It’s stays there lol. No bendin over for nothin.

eagerbeaver:
One of our young rigid drivers raised this subject the other day. He was asked by one of our senior drivers if he had ever seen the film ’ The Shawshank Redemption '.
The lad hadn’t seen the film and asked why it was pertinent. The senior driver advised the lad that he would enjoy the film as it has scenes very similar to the inevitable outcome of a rigid driver showering at truckstops.

I am pleased to report that our class 2 driving colleague is now terrified of a night out lol.

Too many jokes man,too many jokes! Lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I prefer privacy over communal anytime,although I don’t mind sharing ■■■■■ lol