Commercial Vehicle Breakers

Hello all. Does anyone know of any good commercial vehicle breakers? I am trying to get hold of a tipping bulk powder tank for my 1960’s Ex-Blue Circle Cement Foden S21 but i am struggling quite a bit as you would expect! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Jon

Try Becketts commercial breakers at Pontefract they have 3 yards

Head Office
67 Monkhill Lane
Pontefract
West Yorkshire
WF8 1RW
England
Tel +44 (0) 1977 703026
Fax +44 (0) 1977 706295

E-mail:
jimbeckettcommercials@fsmail.net
magvin@btinternet.com

Hiya…do you want to go the whole way, rush green have a twin tank in there (double bubble) its painted
glacia salt i think but you’d get some looks with that.
John

Jon,
Rush green did have a Blue Circle Foden tanker a few years ago. There are 2 types of tank fitted one long and one short depending on the wheelbase, these were made by ACL and
CARMICHEAL. What is the fleet no/registration no of your Foden.

Iain

ERF64cu1:
Jon,
Rush green did have a Blue Circle Foden tanker a few years ago. There are 2 types of tank fitted one long and one short depending on the wheelbase, these were made by ACL and
CARMICHEAL. What is the fleet no/registration no of your Foden.

Hiya ERF64cu1…yes your right…but when i was in there yesterday the blue circle lorries have gone.
theres been a BIG clean up in bruvs place. the only tanks i saw was the glacia salt (double)one.
ERF 64 cu Iam sending you a pm in a few mins…its a photo i don’t want to show.
John

Thanks all! I throght about Rushgreen’s first but the rumours of their prices have put me off really! Also I’m from ■■■■■■■ so its quite a long way to go just on the off chance! It would look great with a double bubble, but i am not sure they ever used these on a Foden did they? Not sure of the fleet number as it has has several different liveries since its Blue Circle days but its reg number is WGJ239G.

Jon

Hiya jon…yes they did use double bubble on some fodens and guys…the problem is aluminum scrap been such
a high price, i would think the scrap value of a tank will be at least a grand. a pal of mine had 3 scrap blue
circle tanks 2 years ago. the scrap man sure welcomed him when he turned up with them.
John