Commercial Motor 1st March 2012

This is a blatent advert for the latest Commercial Motor…

Its a special on heavy haulage both modern and in times gone by… From Chris Bennett to Rotrans to Pickfords

Reason being it being highlighted here , It features a good mate, and someone who taught me a lot when I started doing Abnormal loads… Theres no reason why anyone outside the older members of the heavy haulage profession should know of Pete Clemmet, its a very small and almost exclusive world. but the guy is a legend in his own life time… alongside a very few others. the interview was also done by Lucy one of the admins of this forum.

If you dont want to buy a copy it is worth spending 30 minutes in W H Smiths reading it for free !! :wink:

(Oh and there is also a small bit on page 40 from some berk on the ultimate heavy haulage tractor) :laughing: :wink:

hi rikki,
i have all of bob tuck’s heavy haulage books.peter clement is mentioned in most of them.he comes across as a very experienced name in the heavy haulage business.
regards andrew.

The people who stand in Smiths reading magazines for free are a pain in the arse.People like myself who buy the mags can’t get to them because of these tight fist-ed gits.My Commercial Motor is ordered and delivered every Thursday.A good read.
Cheers Dave.

I will second that, i have been buying CM since i was a lad and although lately it has gone a bit of course i still buy it.