comments please

What type of work do you want to do

any type of work trunking shunting tramping not international though, probs tramping

If you’ve got the right attitude then do it, but be sure its something you really want to do.

I can only speak for myself, i hated being inside and started van driving by the time i was 18, moving quickly on to 7.5 tonners by 19 and took my artic test at 21, its all i wanted to do and been doing the job ever since, and to be fair i’ve had some lucky breaks and made a good living.

Thing is you haven’t hated the factory work, or rather heeded the call to get out of the place, that much, because you’re still doing it instead of driving a van or small lorry about…so be sure its really what you want to do, its not a job its a way of life, unless you happen to drop lucky (or not depending on viewpoint) and find a nice little supermarket RDC job where you’re home after every shift.

The reality of tramping isn’t in any way romantic, its called tramping cos you live a tramps existence and the money isn’t anything to write home about for what you will have to do.

yes i do hate factory work but can i afford to go to a van job that may not pay much money im only doing this to save up for hgv i do know were your comming from if you have passion for driving but it also takes time and alot off money …

Ok up here Cat CE ( class 1 ) can pay from £7.00 ph

Fowler Welch which is not far from nissan as you will know pay £7.75 ph £19 night out

B M Stafford pay £400 night shift “shunt” you may go out on road may be night out is £7.ph with 1p per km same night out

Stillers which is a bit further down road at Newton Aycliff pay £91 per day £101 night shift with £5 meal allowance per day

HTH

sometimes its not all about the money u have to enjoy ur job :wink:

simpsonsboy:
sometimes its not all about the money u have to enjoy ur job :wink:

This is true I have just taken quite a pay cut to get more of the job I want & enjoying it