comments please

last week they tried to put me out on an artic with a bagman. after i told them i couldnt do it as i am out of practice, we agreed that they would train me up on class 1 with one of the other drivers. fair enough!
today i was told that i am no use to them as a class 2 driver (even though they asked for a class 2 driver) and i am unwilling to do class 1 :imp:
the pay is no different once i am on their books. £425 per week for class 1/2 :unamused:
i started my temp to perm last monday so i still have over 11 weeks under the agency at which time i either go to Exel or walk away (possibly refreshed and experienced as a class 1) and find another job

what would you do :question:

Me, I would take it.
But if they asked for Class 2 & are now demanding Class 1, then I would leave after getting the Class 1 exsperience & I would make sure they give you a good induction, let them know that they have a duty under H & S to ensure you are safe to do the job.
Good Luck.

Its Exel Richie, you are just a number to them, thats how they are. In the long run try the Class One, get a bit of experience with them, then leave soon as. :wink:

I’d go with Daxi and Dafmad, just clock up the hours on class 1 and seek pastures new if it does’nt work out. Good luck Richie, whatever you decide.

scanny77:
i either go to Exel or walk away

So I guess they won’t be supporting your ideas/hopes for the ‘training for all’ plans?

marcustandy:

scanny77:
i either go to Exel or walk away

So I guess they won’t be supporting your ideas/hopes for the ‘training for all’ plans?

they are out of the running after this. i thought they respected their drivers but obviously not so they are off my list. i wont put my name to a bad product and that includes rejecting a company who does not treat their own staff with respect. how would they see our members? i cant have that. if they fall below my standards, they are not worth considering including in my training project. this is only a slight hitch though :wink:

you all gave me the answer i was thinking anyway. do the training, stay on the higher agency pay for the temp/perm period then turn the job down.
i wont get stuck since i already have a job lined up whenever i want it and i get to drive my favourite truck there. a globetrotter :smiley:

i wont get stuck since i already have a job lined up whenever i want it and i get to drive my favourite truck there. a globetrotter

Why waste your time m8 :question: .Go now and do the job that you enjoy,rather than one that has no end result.

Sorry for my ignorance but what is a Bagman? :unamused:

Same as a bag lady… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe he meant BATMAN…Still don’t know what a bagman is though!! :open_mouth:

i am delivering bags of flour. most of us are drivers but there is one non driver who is there purely to assist lugging the things around. his job is bagman cos he is employed to carry bags :laughing:

scanny77:
i am delivering bags of flour. most of us are drivers but there is one non driver who is there purely to assist lugging the things around. his job is bagman cos he is employed to carry bags :laughing:

Ah! Now I know. Thanks :wink:

i’d go for the class 1 if you think that youve had a good moan about agencys for a while dont be so eager to jump back onto them.
get the class1 experiance you need then jump ship proberly alot better class 1 work in southampton then.

the training starts on monday :open_mouth:

at least it will open new doors for me and it is better pay for class 1. there is also the fact that i would be a greater asset to any company with the fact that i will be able to drive either 1 or 2. a lot of class 1 drivers cant drive rigids but i wont have that problem