Comments on this site I found

I found this site - hgvtraining-factfile.co.uk/Home_Page.php - check out the links on the left.

I thought it was a well informed site - what do you folks think ?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ROG, you do realise that Diesel “back-hander” Dave will be along any moment to remove all links to your

UNSUBSTANTIATED NONSENSE

yes? You can’t even make a comment or simply warn people of them without some mod or admin coming swiftly along to remove them all, even though no actual allegations are made :unamused: . One could be forgiven for thinking that there is some conspiracy going on with this site/certain mods/certain training broker owners…

:laughing: at robk.

The saving grace is there doesn’t seem to be anything there that cant be found on here, worth a look though.

Rob K:

ROG, you do realise that Diesel “back-hander” Dave will be along any moment to remove all links to your

UNSUBSTANTIATED NONSENSE

Now then Rob “lets do some stirring” K, why would I remove what ROG has put??

ROG has linked to a site unconnected with TNUK.
That site takes responsibility for its content, but you already know that, so why the cheap jibe at me?

Rob K:
yes? You can’t even make a comment or simply warn people of them without some mod or admin coming swiftly along to remove them all, even though no actual allegations are made :unamused: .

In this instance Rob, I couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said, because ROG hasn’t made any unfounded allegations.
However, it then becomes a matter for this site if folks make unsubstantiated allegations here ON TNUK.
I’m really sorry Rob, but I honestly thought that you didn’t actually need to have that distinction explained, but please accept my humble apology for overestimating your knowledge… :unamused:

Now here’s where you’ve really shot yourself in the foot, because if you read the topic from which you’ve taken your quote of me above, you’d have realised that folks have given the OP little warnings, but without resorting to unfounded allegations. All you had to do was to have read the rest of that topic, but no, you’ve chosen to expose your own lack of finesse for all to see!! Nice one Rob!! :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

Rob K:
One could be forgiven for thinking that there is some conspiracy going on with this site/certain mods/certain training broker owners…

Is that a specific allegation that can be investigated?? I thought not… yawn please forgive me again Rob, I’d like to stay and chew this one over with you, but there’s some really important paint that I have to watch drying, so I’ll be off now. :wink:

dieseldave:

Rob K:

UNSUBSTANTIATED NONSENSE

Now then Rob “lets do some stirring” K, why would I remove what ROG has put??

ROG has linked to a site unconnected with TNUK.
That site takes responsibility for its content, but you already know that, so why the cheap jibe at me?

Rob K:
yes? You can’t even make a comment or simply warn people of them without some mod or admin coming swiftly along to remove them all, even though no actual allegations are made :unamused: .

In this instance Rob, I couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said, because ROG hasn’t made any unfounded allegations.
However, it then becomes a matter for this site if folks make unsubstantiated allegations here ON TNUK.
I’m really sorry Rob, but I honestly thought that you didn’t actually need to have that distinction explained, but please accept my humble apology for overestimating your knowledge… :unamused:

Now here’s where you’ve really shot yourself in the foot, because if you read the topic from which you’ve taken your quote of me above, you’d have realised that folks have given the OP little warnings, but without resorting to unfounded allegations. All you had to do was to have read the rest of that topic, but no, you’ve chosen to expose your own lack of finesse for all to see!! Nice one Rob!! :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

Rob K:
One could be forgiven for thinking that there is some conspiracy going on with this site/certain mods/certain training broker owners…

Is that a specific allegation that can be investigated?? I thought not… yawn please forgive me again Rob, I’d like to stay and chew this one over with you, but there’s some really important paint that I have to watch drying, so I’ll be off now. :wink:

Please quit trying to insult my intelligence David. It doesn’t suit you.

I saw the previous thread in full minutes before you removed it for “review” and there were no allegations made by anyone who had posted on it against any specific company(ies). However that did not stop you wading in with your size 10s like some kind of God prattling on about “unsubstantiated nonsense” when in actual fact there was no such thing. But let’s not let these facts get in the way of a few cheap jibes eh.

Rob K:

I saw the previous thread in full minutes before you removed it for “review” and there were no allegations made by anyone who had posted on it against any specific company(ies). However that did not stop you wading in with your size 10s like some kind of God prattling on about “unsubstantiated nonsense” when in actual fact there was no such thing. But let’s not let these facts get in the way of a few cheap jibes eh.

Robert, why don’t you get your facts straight?

I pulled some of the posts, which were subsequently reviewed by Site Admin.

After that review process, which actually took a couple of days, it was decided that the rest got pulled. That’s it, it’s as simple as that.

If you’ve any further comments to make, why not use the feedback forum??

dieseldave:

Rob K:

Robert, why don’t you get your facts straight?

I pulled some of the posts, which were subsequently reviewed by Site Admin.

After that review process, which actually took a couple of days, it was decided that the rest got pulled. That’s it, it’s as simple as that.

If you’ve any further comments to make, why not use the feedback forum??

Exactly, which more or less confirms that this site has got some back hand deals going on with the brokers because every time they are mentioned the entire thread gets deleted even when there are no allegations made against any companies. I saw the entire content of the latest thread that got pulled and there were no allegations made so one can deduce from that that this site does not want anything negative said against brokers even when newbies are losing thousands of pounds. If that’s not some back hand deal going on then I don’t know what is. :open_mouth:

And for your information, this issue was already raised by myself in the feedback forum a couple of weeks ago, including suggestions on how to strike a balance on warning newbies vs. not getting arses sued in court, but no admins even bothered to reply to it and as I can no longer find the thread at all now, that is just more fuel to the conspiracy fire that the owners of this site and the brokers are in bed with each other. Sounds absurd, but all the evidence is right in front of your eyes if you bother to look so don’t shoot the messenger…

So what does anyone else think about the info on that site I found ■■

ROG:

Well I thought it was pretty good actually Rog but it really needs a home on here for it to be effective. I know you’ll say it’s already got one (ie. this thread and link) but unless you change the non-descript thread title to something more eye-catching and get Rikki to make it a sticky then it’ll just slide into history like all the other threads and newbs will continue to get their arses raped. :frowning:

Actually Rob, there were specific allegations made against a company, which they informed us were untrue and libellous. As the person who posted them had provided no proof to the allegations and we can not prove them ourselves we removed them. having no desire to explain to a judge why we didnt when informed of the content.

If YOU are so confident that you can post anything you wish without providing the publisher evidence why not use some of the free webspace about and publish it yourself?

Rikki-UK:
Actually Rob, there were specific allegations made against a company, which they informed us were untrue and libellous. As the person who posted them had provided no proof to the allegations and we can not prove them ourselves we removed them. having no desire to explain to a judge why we didnt when informed of the content.

If YOU are so confident that you can post anything you wish without providing the publisher evidence why not use some of the free webspace about and publish it yourself?

Rikki, I saw the complete thread minutes before Dave removed it. The only possible libellous post on there was the one made by the kid who’d had monies deducted from his CC without explanation and some comments/speculation was made about it, but from what I recall there were no direct accusations against any individual or company. Needless to say it (unsurprisingly) created a bit of a stir about broker’s in general, which included a post of mine saying that YOU should do something to address the situation instead of just sweeping it all under the carpet every time, hoping it’ll go away and never return. :unamused: . The kid who thought he got scammed then came back and said it’d been a mix up and it was all okay. Dave then came storming in with his size 10s wittering on about unsubstantiated nonsense, the thread disappeared for 2 days and then returned exactly how it was previously less one post, and guess who’s that was? :unamused:

I think instead of getting your ■■■■■■■ in a knot whenever the word BROKER is mentioned on this site :unamused: you’d do well to read up on the meaning of the word LIBEL. There was nothing libellous in any of the posts on that thread, including my own where I collectively mentioned that some companies should have warnings (or words to the effect of).

Definition of libel from dictionary.reference.com/browse/libel :

a defamatory statement or representation esp. in the form of written or printed words; specifically : a false published statement that injures an individual’s reputation (as in business) or otherwise exposes him or her to public contempt.

If I say that all driver training broker’s are scammers and rip-off merchants then there’s [zb] all that anyone can do about it, by law.
If I say that Rikki Chequer Driving Training is a scammer and rip-off merchant then you can sue me for libel.

There were no allegations made against any individual or business in that thread which makes me wonder a) whether it’s a simple case of you not understanding the law or b) there is some conspiracy going on with you and the broker’s :wink: :wink: .

:bulb:

Edit: typo.

ROG:

As someone who got burned i have had a look and if that site had been available to me it would of warned me about the company I went with (broker not training company) unfortunatly the companies look like there is a subscription to be included on the site so for all training companies I would still say to newbies look on here and I dont know how advertising works but a link when u google( or whatever search engine u use ) hgv training does it cost much for this site to be a top link to come up then people would get much better info before they part with hard earned cash as the info on this site can be invaluable for someone looking to do the training for hgv as I say just athought but i dont know what the costs are ? jx

There were no allegations made against any individual or business in that thread which makes me wonder a) whether it’s a simple case of you not understanding the law or b) there is some conspiracy going on with you and the broker’s .

Rob, there were specific allegations made in that thread that were pointed out to us by the company in question, (Not related to the error in taking payment comments). As we cannot substantiate those comments and the poster provided no proof the thread got removed.

I may not be a trained lawyer , but fortunatly I know people who are, and I would far rather take their advice than yours in this matter :wink: :wink: :wink:

ROG:

I haven’t read it all but as far as I can see there’s nothing there that isn’t already on this site, also the benefit of getting information off a forum is that you’re likely to get more up-to date info and more varied views and opinions.

Still looks like a useful site for anyone looking for that type of information though :wink:

The other issue should be discussed in another thread in another forum rather than hijacking this thread :wink:

tachograph:

ROG:

I haven’t read it all but as far as I can see there’s nothing there that isn’t already on this site, also the benefit of getting information off a forum is that you’re likely to get more up-to date info and more varied views and opinions.

Still looks like a useful site for anyone looking for that type of information though :wink:

The other issue should be discussed in another thread in another forum rather than hijacking this thread :wink:

I agree with tacho, saying that though, having everything in one ‘neat’ place is handy.

Pity about the three TROLLS trying to mess the thread up. :cry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have had a look at the site you have mentioned. Any info that helps students when seeking HGV training must be a good thing surely.
After all we are here to help those wannabe truckers get a fair deal