Coming through Calais. March 2016

I’ll be coming back through Calais in a few weeks. What’s the situation with the migrants there now? Is there a police presence or complete lack of? How dangerous is it??

Is it possible to keep moving on the roads on the way in or are there choke points or barricades etc set up by the migrants.

It’s been several years since I last came through Calais in a truck. There were migrants there then just not the large aggressive mobs there apparently seems to have been recently. After watching some videos from drivers who have had wagons smashed up and been attacked, I’m a bit concerned to be honest whether to turn the job down or not because if the likelihood is that I’ll get fined at the port or attacked, injured or worse by the mobs then I’d obviously rather stay away.

Some bed-time reading. :wink: Robert

truckblog.co.uk/

You using the Tunnel or the Port?

I’ve was using the tunnel regularly until January the problems have been ramping up seem to reach it’s climax around last summer, when they had all the problems with the ferries and they put the big fence round the port and we were queued outside the tunnel, that when I saw large crowds of them but not so much violent, as a problem to keep an eye on where they were going, 2 got onto my trailer axles, but were removed in the terminal, thanks to the French driver behind me in the queue who tipped me off.

They’ve increased the size of the holding area on the tunnel and put up fences, so it seemed to get slightly better towards the end of the year, less queues and therefore less hanging around outside the terminal, but it didn’t stop feeling anxious on the way in in case they decided to try something stupid on the motorway.

I think most of the major problems at the moment are going into the port as the road in skirts the camp and of course they’re really mardy at the moment as they’re clearing parts of the camp. I also think some of the problems aren’t the immigrants but our very own home grown agitators who see the camp as an opportunity to cause trouble because of their own cracked political ideology.

Since the end of october when the fence was finished and the extra parking spaces introduced, there seems to have been a lot less trouble. July - September last year was horrendous.

Re the fines, we ended up with 18 of the [zb]s on the back last year, ended up calling the police at Clackett Lane and a. the police were excellent and b. we haven’t heard anything more and it’s close on 6 months. Just make sure that your seals and locks if you have them haven’t been tampered with and you have a completed checklist saying how you’ve checked every time you’ve stopped.

muckles:

I’ll be booked on the tunnel.

MackSuperlinerII:

muckles:

I’ll be booked on the tunnel.

I think there is less trouble at the tunnel than the port, and Albion seems to agree, and I’ve noticed it got better since they did the fence and they finished the extra parking area which they use to stack trucks so less chance of being backed onto the motorway.

But as somebody else said on another thread you can have a few weeks of things being reasonably calm and then it all goes mental, probably find a correlation with when the agitators can get over from the UK to fire things up. :imp:

muckles:
probably find a correlation with when the agitators can get over from the UK to fire things up. :imp:

Yup, the day after their dole cheque arrives!

Are you here to claim asylum? | noborders.org.uk (Note the bits in BOLD ) Now those web sites should be taken down inciting people to make a false claim for asylum

And The most recent reader comment If there’s any truth in it could suggest it’s being organised by someone with something more sinister in mind

Who are they? They work very closely and overlap with London2Calais which is co run and was confounded by a married couple Syed Bokhari and Mona Dohle. On Bokhari’s Facebook profile where he calls himself “Syed Red Bokhari” he boasts that he has been to prison for burglary. According to the London2Calais Facebook page Muslim Syed Bokhari has been barred from entering France as he was flagged up as a threat to national security. All of this information is open to the public who know how to navigate Facebook. London2Calais have been operating an aid operation for migrants in the Jungle in Calais and also encourage and help the migrants to come to Britain.

When we come back through last week it was fine few of them walking up diesel alley but no problem there was quite a good police presence that day though

Immigrants! What immigrants?

image.jpeg

Don’t worry about it or let it put you off. It will what it is just don’t stop unless you really have too.

I came through twice last week. Less than 5 mins from the motorway to check in. It seems like all is calm.

The road round to the port was blocked by trees laid across it.

Burning barricades last week during the early hours of monday. Luckily i was heading out of the port. Police and highways were on the scene. Hopefully with real bulletts.

Concretejim:
Burning barricades last week during the early hours of monday. Luckily i was heading out of the port. Police and highways were on the scene. Hopefully with real bulletts.

They didn’t even have a brush to sweep the bits away.

As i said moths ago napalm the ■■■■■■■