Coming back to part time driving

evening all, with the current pandemic thats going on im thinking of coming back to do some driving, mainly coz my current job is managing a touring park (caravans,motorhomes, camping etc) and we wont have the custom as probably will be closed.

i have 4 years experience tramping but my cpc card date has expired as of nov 2018 but i have done 21 hours of cpc but didnt complete it, question is

1. will i have to do a full 35 hours to start driviing again?

2.do the remaining 14 hours to make 35hrs to get behind the wheel?

cheers

I think it depends on when you did the training. I think it all needs to be in a five year period. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

Noremac:
I think it depends on when you did the training. I think it all needs to be in a five year period. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

cheers pal, im thinking the same it my need a full 35 doing

bigdavehull:

Noremac:

cheers pal, im thinking the same it my need a full 35 doing

Possibly, but if any of the hours were done after March 2015, they would still be valid.

As said it depends on when you did the other DCPC training, you do need to complete the 35 hours within 5 years for it to count, so if you can complete the next 14 hours training no later than 5 years from the first course you should be good to go, otherwise you’ll have to do the full 35 hours.

Personally I think they should temporarily suspend the need for periodic training to help people like you to return to driving for a while, but unfortunately for you I don’t make the rules so… :slight_smile: :wink:

i did the initial training in nov 2014, i then did 3 lots of 7 hour days, first in 2017, one in 2018 and the last in 2019 and with the last 2 to be done before my cpc run out at end of 2019 but i changed jobs and didnt complete it which was bit daft on my part!

so just wondering if its the 14 hrs i need to do or the full 35 again

ive mailed dvsa for more info on it

bigdavehull:
i did the initial training in nov 2014, i then did 3 lots of 7 hour days, first in 2017, one in 2018 and the last in 2019 and with the last 2 to be done before my cpc run out at end of 2019 but i changed jobs and didnt complete it which was bit daft on my part!

Which part of the answers given above did you not understand?

bigdavehull:

As you did the training hours within the last five years, you would only need to do 14 hours. Obviously as time goes by and if you don’t complete the five courses, some hours could drop off.

I believe you can actually go online and check your hours, but I think you need to get a password in the post.