Colsterworth - anyone still stop there?

Stopped at Colsterworth the other day for a breakfast and what a difference. Firstly I nearly went straight past it because I was expecting to come to a roundabout first :laughing: but what’s with the miseries working there? When I used to stop there regular with my mate we allus used to have a bit of banter with the lasses serving but there were a right couple of miserable old bags serving when I stopped on Saturday. They also tossed the plates down on the counter so hard and noisily I thought they were gonna break. Nearly had me bacon and sossies off the side! :astonished:

And what’s with the roast potatoes on a breakfast?!?!?! WTF is that all about FFS?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

On the plus side, they do a mean black coffee. Proper European style stand-your-spoon-up stuff. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Must have been having a bad day, Rob … we use it often and it is usually ok.

I stop there a couple of times a week and find them great and the foods pretty good.The only negative i could point out is that the showers are in a sorry state :unamused: and it can be rather muddy!!

n17 trucker:
I stop there a couple of times a week and find them great and the foods pretty good.The only negative i could point out is that the showers are in a sorry state :unamused: and it can be rather muddy!!

Used to allus stop there when I was still trucking as the lamb shank evening meal was absolutely superb, but then one day they stopped doing it as “we’ve changed supplier” and that was when I stopped going there as I never rated their breakfasts (rather pricey for the small amounts you get vs. other places).

Rob K:

n17 trucker:

Used to allus stop there when I was still trucking as the lamb shank evening meal was absolutely superb, but then one day they stopped doing it as “we’ve changed supplier” and that was when I stopped going there as I never rated their breakfasts (rather pricey for the small amounts you get vs. other places).

I stopped going there when I realised I couldn’t get behind the table comfortably, I ate all the pies :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

n17 trucker:

I stopped going there when I realised I couldn’t get behind the table comfortably, I ate all the pies :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha! Yeah, I was going to mention that. It’s a bit of a squeeze innit! :astonished:

rob, i stop there regular. to fill up the motor.
the showers are crap, it’s muddy as hell, the tables are ■■■■ and the food,
well i aint going there.

only been once, but got a plate full of food , but the tables are way too small, but it only costs £10 to park with a £2 meal ticket

Arr Colsterworth tried the truckers cafe once when I use to work at the chicken farm just opposite, arr the good old days of being 17! :smiley:

Rob K:
And what’s with the roast potatoes on a breakfast?!?!?!

Probably the same as chips at the Redbeck just outside Wakey.

Breakfast special anyone?

Ken.

this A1 truck stop at colsterworth? week ended out there couple of months ago with me dad cant say it was that bad, brekkie was OK, toilets were OK, not a bad place to take piccies though, gotta agree about the tables, im no spring chicken was a bit of a squeeze lol, floor was a bit dirty but what do ya expect it was packed

had a bit of time to clean the wheels to lol

I am pleased to know the tables have attracted a comment, fat is fun :laughing: