Collection from SE15, 08.00 tomorrow morning!

One extreme to another !
Yesterday I was in the Lake District? Tomorrow I’m collecting from Sandgate St, SE15 1LE at 08.00 (grrrr !)
I was thinking of leaving MK at 05.00 & shooting across the river on the 1st Woolwich Ferry at 06.15ish then up John Wilson st (where those Scrotes killed Gunner Rigsby) straight on to the A20, Loampit Hill-Lewisham Way, then onto the Old Kent Rd.
Hoping to get there around 07.00.
14’ 10" trailer.

Is this do 'able ?

Or would it be better to go over the Dartford !

Thanks again in advance for any advice (& Slagging off) I get for asking the question.

I Hate London these days !

Isn’t that inside the LLC? If it is you don’t want to be there at 0700.

I take it you have the appropriate permits?.The moment you get off the ferry at Woolwich, just about every road you go down will have weight limits. So no vehicles over 18t before 7am, especially heading towards eltham past the woolwich barracks and across shooters hill road into well hall road. You are ok till you get till you get to the Catford gyratory. You can only follow the A205 south circ. But if its after 7am when you get to catford? Then you’ll be ok. You wont have any height issues either.

You would be best to come off the ferry, head towards charlton and pick up the A2. Then come off at the sun in sands and head across Blackheath common. But due to yet more very strict weight limits, which are enforced by camera, you mite need to try and hold off till 7am, then you will be ok on all routes. Plus going across the heath will take you the more direct route. Yes it is a bit sluggish as you cross the heath and drop down into deptford, once clear of there, it won’t take you long at all. Either way, you certainly wont be able to get from the ferry to you destination in 45mins. Unless you was in a van, and even then you’d still stuggle to make it. I know these roads/routes very well due to the bis depots i deliver too. And the fact my tite arse company wont pay for the permits, i also know the weight limits and times they end.

What i would do is go through Blackwall at 6am, come off at the A1020 and turn left past the retail park, over the roundabout onto Peartree way spin yourself round and have a 45 break. then get back on to the A2 and in that way. Gives you a 4.30 drive to get in and out of London bud. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Blackwall Tunnel to the A2 (Sun in the sands roundabout) then over Blackheath, through Deptford and New Cross and you’re there. No need to be messing around with Lewisham and the South Circular

newmercman:
Blackwall Tunnel to the A2 (Sun in the sands roundabout) then over Blackheath, through Deptford and New Cross and you’re there. No need to be messing around with Lewisham and the South Circular

Not till 7am Sun in sands onwards!!!

tango boy:

newmercman:

I was thinking that too, wouldn’t mess about with the ferry, unless your destination is in that area. I use it when I go to SCA at Herringham rd, but thats about all.

Never gave the Blackwall a thought, forgot it’s over 15 ft south bound, that’s the plan then, shoot through & have a break, then carry on after 07.00. I’ll take the cruise coming back.

Thanks Guys, for all your help & suggestions.

Don’t forget your duty free!!!

tango boy:

newmercman:

That will apply to whichever route you take as Peckham is within the LLB area, so you’ll be parked somewhere along the route until the magic hour.

That way is the most direct and will have the least amount of traffic.

Who’s the LLC Daddy ?
Got through the Blackwall dead on 07.00 (didn’t want to get up at 03.00) & on Shooters Hill at 07.10.
3 miles to go & it’s going to take me best part of an hour !
I HATE London !

Got here & I think this is where I’m loading-the tall building on the right, after the palm trees-on a bend, double yellows, council vans everywhere. (Looking forward to the abuse I’m gonna get !)

Lazy Gits aren’t here yet, so it’s Breaky O’clock.

LLC, London lorry control :sunglasses: