Colchester Football Ground

When I stopped at the bp on the A12 for a coffee this morning, I noticed about half a dozen lorries parked in the car park at the far end of Colchesters ground. Mostly tankers but a couple of foreigners and a container too. Does anyone know if they’ve opened it for overnight parking? I know the bp was quieter than usual. Might be right up my street if they are allowing parking there, as there will be showers etc there, with uncertainty over the Orwell crossings future

The way Colchester are playing at the moment it’s probably the only way the club makes any money!

Yes you can park there, no restrictions at all and completely free. Very quiet and the main car park has CCTV.
The club cafe closes at 8pm and reopens at 7am.
There is no access to showers etc (not that I’m aware of).

Hope this helps.

Cheers Steve, one to remember then. Just need to find a shower somewhere on route

I know a few drivers parked near a tesco rdc overnight in a football club car park only too wake up and find the barriers down and locked :exclamation: :question: :exclamation:

No barriers at Col U, open access car park.

It’s free after 18:00 your ment to put 2 or 3 pound in the little pay thing but no body checks I’ve parked there a few time never any truble

if you’re parking in or near Colchester, go to Sheepen Rd. There’s a free lorry park (about 9-10 spaces) there, and you’re a 5 min walk from shops, pubs etc. As you approach it, the electronic barrier will be down but when you drive up to it it opens automatically,same on exit too. They put it there to stop the boy racers congregating at night!

i think sheepen road is closed now? it looks like they are building on it (i may be wrong). also i think they r gonna crack down on hgvs parking on the acsess road to the bp as the locals have been moaning as it gets tight… if you go opposite the col u football ground on the roundabout theres a nice industrial est, loads of room, loads of roads that go to nowhere as they havnt been built yet, thats where i stayed last time

Oh ok…
I haven’t been there for a few months. I’d be surprised if they’re building on it though cos the other half is a large shoppers car park for the retail park.

Be careful essexdaz thats a private estate fitted with ANPR cameras and they DO fine repeat offenders :exclamation: :exclamation:

(signs clearly state this as you drive into estate)

cheers for that, luckily i was delivering so managed to get onto customers car park.,