Cola Cowboys

I have just ordered my copy of “cola cowboys” for the pricely sum of £2.49… :sunglasses:

ok it’s just on loan from my local library

I enquired at the library today and they did’nt have it on file so they did an
“INTER LIBRARY LOAN” which is what the charge is for :wink:

It should be ready to pick up within 4 weeks

This is a much cheaper way of doing it, just thought i’d let you lot know so you don’t go and pay £300 as advertised on amazon :laughing: :laughing:

It amazes me why more people dont think of the library when they want a book./
We asre very lucky in this country to have free libraries so nobody has any excuse for not having a good read.
Every book in print is available by law. I often order my own books just to make sure! :laughing:
Let us know what you think of Cola Cowboys. From whast I have heard it is simply just another trucking book but for some reason it has become ‘cult’ for some reason
(Probably a bit like dead artists whose work was worthless when they where alive but change hands for fortunes once they are no longer here)

I borrowed Cola Cowboys about 20 years ago from a driver I met in Macon. After a shower I went to the truck to read a while.

The next morning I returned it to my mate after reading every word. It helps that I did know a few people mentioned in it.

Enjoy the reading

I got a copy from my local library, it cost me 60p reservation fee as it had to be obtained from another library in Somerset. It was the large print edition , so it didn’t have the maps & photos etc in it, but it was still a heck of a lot cheaper than paying the inflated prices they seem to be fetching on E-bay. Given the interest being shown in it I’m surprised that the publishers haven’t done another production run of it, they could ask a good premium on the original price I would have thought.
As to what I thought of it, well…it was ok, but you need to engaged the bullshine filter first :wink:, some of the tales are a little “tall” in my humble opinion. Then again, that’s no different from listening to any gathering of drivers when they are reminiscing. :laughing: :laughing:

picked up the fabled truckers bible a couple of days ago…at the mo i’m at the famous border crossing between rumania? and bulgaria…so easy to read…loved the bit when the shepherd and his dog walk up to the cab on top of the transylvanian mountains and then…don’t want to ruin it :laughing:

the library said if i lose the book it’s a £50 fine…but they are selling on ebay for 5 times that :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

don’t worry i will be returning the book safely when i’ve read it, so someone else can enjoy it :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Whats the deal with that book? Why is it so expensive and hard to get.

ellies dad:
Whats the deal with that book? Why is it so expensive and hard to get.

Probably because it had a fairly limited print run, on cheap ‘pulp’ paper.
And it’s now become a cult book.