Cola cowboys for a tenner

ive ordered mine, im just wondering if anybody else fancies a copy.

HERE WE GO

Ordered mine should be here end of next week. Keeping it for my holiday reading in april. Also pre ordered the astran book by ash.

Received mine yesterday,I will be taking it on holiday to Cyprus in July,meantime Ive also ordered Ash’s book,maybe also in time for July!!

Take it easy

David :laughing:

mine is being sent out this week as well.

Mine’s in transit also.
I always said I’d never bother with it after hearing the views of other m/e men when it first came out,but I figure now for a tenner,what the heck!

Mine arrived yesterday will start it ASAP

Mine’s just arrived!

Would be intrested to hear your opinion on it bestbooties and anyone else who done the m/e runs.

bestbooties:
Mine’s just arrived!

so has mine :wink: :wink: :wink: thats this weekend sorted.

5thwheel:
Received mine yesterday,I will be taking it on holiday to Cyprus in July,meantime Ive also ordered Ash’s book,maybe also in time for July!!

Book…Book …BOOK…5th wheel be an anorake like the rest of us, all you need in Cyprus is a car and a Camera…you will soon fill a couple of pages
on this site with pictures of trucks just abandoned on the island.in Larnaka theres a petro firm with a 100 out of use lorries to snap.
been serious have a good time.
John.
PS we hope to see a few truck photos.

jessicas dad:
ive ordered mine, im just wondering if anybody else fancies a copy.

HERE WE GO

Just received my £9.95 copy today, and to think I nearly paid £150 for a copy couple of years back

regards Big Al

mines on the way!..chris

bargain! never thought i’d own this book! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just ordered it on amazon for £6.97 with free postage

Finished reading my copy today.Got it from Old Pond publishing.Not a bad read but got a bit boring in places ,seemed like a history lesson in some parts of the book imo - also could have done with a few more pics.
Cant see why people were paying £150+ on fleabay for the originals :open_mouth: tbh.

LETS HOPE THERE IS PLENTY OF PICS IN THIS BOOK FOR YOU JESSIE!! or it will be the big waste of a tenner for you :grimacing: :grimacing: at least there maybe some for you to colour in lets hope ey :laughing: :laughing:

Suedehead:
Finished reading my copy today.Got it from Old Pond publishing.Not a bad read but got a bit boring in places ,seemed like a history lesson in some parts of the book imo - also could have done with a few more pics.
Cant see why people were paying £150+ on fleabay for the originals :open_mouth: tbh.

Suedehead,

I agree ,the book is more of a travelogue than a book about a trucking journey to the Middle East,however,I have ordered Ash’s book,that will be more of a truck drivers read I think!

Take it easy,

David

kr79:
Would be intrested to hear your opinion on it bestbooties and anyone else who done the m/e runs.

After reading the intro,I began to think I’d wasted my money as some of the descriptions of desert driving ,(getting your trailer sideways like a speedway 'bike!),and using that awfull expression,juggernaut,was getting me down early on.
However,now I’m about a third of the way through it and it’s tolerable at the moment,but we’ve only reached Stanly Bull.
I’ve been working on my book for two years,and this is the first time I’ve seen this one,only heard a lot of negative comments,but I was surprised to see it’s written in the same manner as mine,the geography,history and political situations encountered on a trip with some stories of events on the way.
I don’t think it’s wrong to be in the form of a travelogue,I expect it to be read by people other than truck drivers and the reviews I get at present on some of my draughts are very posative.
There are not a lot of photos and they are all in black and white.There are many more photos in,“Baghdad Trucker”,and in colour,a lot of them are mine.
I can tell this guy is a jounalist as many of his descriptions are well padded,if I hadn’t known before,I could tell you who he was travelling with!.
I’ll see how it goes on the further we get.

5thwheel:

Suedehead:

Suedehead,

I agree ,the book is more of a travelogue than a book about a trucking journey to the Middle East,however,I have ordered Ash’s book,that will be more of a truck drivers read I think!
Take it easy,
David

David,
What would you expect to read if it was to appeal more to truck drivers?How many times they changed gear in a day or how many mpg the trucks did?
I would have thought that any of the younger drivers on here who will never get the chance to do what we did would like to know the terrain,border proceedure,police attitudes,drivers of other nationalities,as well as the accidents,breakdowns,desert driving and so on.
I would like to think if my book ever makes it into print it will appeal to a wide range of readers,from experienced truck drivers,to armchair travellers.

Ian,

I look forward to being able to purchase your book,my personal preference is for less of the politics,it gets quite heavy in Cola Cowboys,and perhaps more of the weather,actual circumstances met,other drivers and more of the fundamentals,as you have already stated,its written by a journalist,not a driver,and that is very obvious.

Although I was not able to drive ME,I had quite a few friends that did,and I found their stories fascinating and well worth listening to.

Regards,

David :laughing: