Coffee

Anybody like the coffee you can buy from WH Smiths in the services?
Failing that, Costa Lotta coffees good… :wink:

DAF95XF:

You must be getting paid too much!

I like the coffee I can make myself in the cab, best ever buy was my 24v kettle and Thermos! Costs pennies not pounds…

Martin:

DAF95XF:

I like the coffee I can make myself in the cab, best ever buy was my 24v kettle and Thermos! Costs pennies not pounds…

Nah! His surviving passengers buy it for him! :wink:

Dunno then?:

Martin:

DAF95XF:

Don’t let him fool you, he gets it for a penny out the services :wink:

Talk about disappointed - thought this thread was going to be some juicy gossip regarding a certain N Hobbs esq. :laughing:

I like those free machines in some services, big purple things with I think Coffee Nation or something on them? They are brilliant as there is no slot on them to put money in and I, understandably, am a big fan of free coffee and it’s not something you expect to find in service stations.

Coffeeholic:
I like those free machines in some services, big purple things with I think Coffee Nation or something on them? They are brilliant as there is no slot on them to put money in and I, understandably, am a big fan of free coffee and it’s not something you expect to find in service stations.

Free coffee■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Pray tell what are these services you speak of?

<picks up car keys and clicks refresh button furiously, waiting for reply :open_mouth: >

AFPMSL… :laughing: :laughing:

(Neil , please tell me Rob is playing along and I dont have to type :wink: :wink: :wink: )

shade:

(Neil , please tell me Rob is playing along and I dont have to type :wink: :wink: :wink: )

:confused: :frowning:

Steve-o:

Dunno then?:

Martin:

DAF95XF:

:wink:
Or paid for by the passengers or paid for out of any tips the passengers give me :wink:

Those new coffee machines are actually brilliant, if you read the instructions. But here’s a top tip…If you tell the sales assistant that the coffee’s cold. 9 times outta 10, they say no charge. Don’t tell everyone though! :wink:

pmsl like the free coffe but failing that my gas stove and kettle makes a nice brew in seconds and doesnt empty my pocket. :laughing: :laughing:

steve07:
pmsl like the free coffe but failing that my gas stove and kettle makes a nice brew in seconds and doesnt empty my pocket. :laughing: :laughing:

I might have to stow one of those in the lockers of my coach, seeing as it hasnt got a toilet or even a hot water boiler :wink:

DAF95XF:

Steve-o:

Dunno then?:

Martin:

DAF95XF:

:wink:
Or paid for by the passengers or paid for out of any tips the passengers give me :wink:

They buy you coffee out of instinct! they just want to keep you awake!! lol

Dunno then?:
They buy you coffee out of instinct! they just want to keep you awake!! lol

That could be it you know :wink:
I never turn a free coffee down anyway :wink:

shade:

Playing along with what? It must be me having the wooooooooosh moment as I’m not sure what your getting at?

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:

Free coffee■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Pray tell what are these services you speak of?

<picks up car keys and clicks refresh button furiously, waiting for reply :open_mouth: >

Most services seem to provide them these days, often in the newsagents. Big coffee machine with instructions about placing the cup, pushing the extra shot button and so forth. they are brilliant because unlike a lot of machine they don’t have a slot for money, the machine just dispenses the coffee when you press the buttons.

bigvern1:
Those new coffee machines are actually brilliant, if you read the instructions. But here’s a top tip…If you tell the sales assistant that the coffee’s cold. 9 times outta 10, they say no charge. Don’t tell everyone though! :wink:

I have a new trick in Wild Bean Cafe places that is working well at the moment especially if you have one of their bonus cards which shows you are a regular user. I order a black coffee and at some point in the process I make a point of double checking they are doing a black coffee because - ‘the guy/woman yesterday gave me a white coffee which I didn’t discover it until I was way down the road and I had to throw it away as I am allergic to milk.’ On every occasion so far bar one they have apologised and given me the current coffee for free to make up for the one I had to bin. Oh, and I still got the bonus card stamped as if I had paid for it. Sorted. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

bigvern1:

I have a new trick in Wild Bean Cafe places that is working well at the moment especially if you have one of their bonus cards which shows you are a regular user. I order a black coffee and at some point in the process I make a point of double checking they are doing a black coffee because - ‘the guy/woman yesterday gave me a white coffee which I didn’t discover it until I was way down the road and I had to throw it away as I am allergic to milk.’ On every occasion so far bar one they have apologised and given me the current coffee for free to make up for the one I had to bin. Oh, and I still got the bonus card stamped as if I had paid for it. Sorted. :wink:

Another money saving tip-
When using the purple machines a large coffee fits into a regular cup with room to spare.

Ben9:
Another money saving tip-
When using the purple machines a large coffee fits into a regular cup with room to spare.

Indeed it does :wink:

The Coffee Nation ones get my vote too.