Cobham Services

Was parked in there last night. I could see 10 trucks from the position I was in. 1 UK reg, 9 Non UK reg.
I aint saying anything, but make your own conclusions.

What you mean you actually managed to park in there :open_mouth:

What conclusions would that be? HU/BG/PL/RO ect are only trying to make a living and none will be on the pay youre on. When i see UK reg trucks over here i certainly dont have issue with it :confused:

AndrewG:
What conclusions would that be? HU/BG/PL/RO ect are only trying to make a living and none will be on the pay youre on. When i see UK reg trucks over here i certainly dont have issue with it :confused:

Being a Brit you can’t really, can you? Because you’re doing your thing in Spain I’m to be happy about the vast numbers of EUs’ over here? I don’t think so!

SWEDISH BLUE:
Was parked in there last night. I could see 10 trucks from the position I was in. 1 UK reg, 9 Non UK reg.

You were parked on the hard shoulder, weren’t you? Tut tut.

TiredAndEmotional:

AndrewG:

Being a Brit you can’t really, can you? Because you’re doing your thing in Spain I’m to be happy about the vast numbers of EUs’ over here? I don’t think so!

Theyre doing a job, a legal one just like any British haulier is when they come over to mainland Europe. When i see a brit reg truck in our yard loading i dont see it as a problem and see hundreds on my travels through Spain and France. 90% of these guys are on a pittance, spend weeks away from home where they have little anyway and have a lifestyle vastly different from the UK and you dont like them :confused:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Ok, my conclusion is …It’s called ‘‘International Haulage’’ it’s been going on since I started and way beyond that.
You may as well say I saw 10 trucks 7 of them were white. :wink:

AndrewG:

TiredAndEmotional:

AndrewG:

Theyre doing a job, a legal one just like any British haulier is when they come over to mainland Europe. When i see a brit reg truck in our yard loading i dont see it as a problem and see hundreds on my travels through Spain and France. 90% of these guys are on a pittance, spend weeks away from home where they have little anyway and have a lifestyle vastly different from the UK and you dont like them :confused:

The numbers of Brits going over the water has diminished markedly. The last 15 years in this game has been downhill and large numbers of EUs’ are a major factor in that. It looks very much like one way traffic. My standard of living has dropped considerably in that time. Because they’re poor I must be poor too to even things up? So, tell me again why I’m supposed to be happy about that? :confused:

robroy:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Ok, my conclusion is …It’s called ‘‘International Haulage’’ it’s been going on since I started and way beyond that.
You may as well say I saw 10 trucks 7 of them were white. :wink:

More likely they were blue and yellow…and the reason for that is a very uneven playing field that even our political masters in EU land can see has damaged the EU concept. An idea that in principle I think is great but the reality is that it is a disaster.

So AndrewG
When i see a brit reg truck in our yard loading i dont see it as a problem and see hundreds on my travels through Spain and France.
You see hundreds of Brit trucks in Spain and France?
Please do tell what companies they are.

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … s-2015.pdf
Chart 4 Table RO RO 0101 shows a steady decrease in UK reg vehicles in cross channel traffic since 2000 and a steady increase in foreign reg vehicles on cross traffic work.
“Chart 4 (Table RORO0101) shows that the number of goods vehicles
(powered vehicles and unaccompanied trailers) travelling to mainland
Europe from the UK rose by 3 per cent between 2014 and 2015, from 2.9
to 3.0 million. The number of UK-registered vehicles travelling to mainland
Europe fell by 10 per cent (313,000 to 283,000) while the number of foreign registered
vehicles rose by 4 per cent (1.9 million to 2.0 million).”
That`s the facts.

AndrewG:

The essential difference is that when you see a British truck loading in Spain, it will almost certainly be taking that load to the UK. A Lithuanian haulier loading in Manchester won’t be taking that load to Lithuania, they constantly travel around western Europe, exploiting the arbitrage difference between western and eastern European economies. Not only does this mean that there is not a level playing field for British hauliers, it also requires eastern European drivers to stay away from home for several months at a time and this is not a reasonable way to treat them.

Harry Monk:

AndrewG:

The essential difference is that when you see a British truck loading in Spain, it will almost certainly be taking that load to the UK. A Lithuanian haulier loading in Manchester won’t be taking that load to Lithuania, they constantly travel around western Europe, exploiting the arbitrage difference between western and eastern European economies. Not only does this mean that there is not a level playing field for British hauliers, it also requires eastern European drivers to stay away from home for several months at a time and this is not a reasonable way to treat them.

If UK drivers/hauliers dont like the idea of cabotage then lobby the local MP/get a petition up so objections can be be heard in parliament. Until then, until the law changes (which it wont anytime soon) i say let them crack on… :wink:

AndrewG:
If UK drivers/hauliers dont like the idea of cabotage then lobby the local MP/get a petition up so objections can be be heard in parliament. Until then, until the law changes (which it wont anytime soon) i say let them crack on… :wink:

Whether or not it will make a difference remains to be seen, but the main reason Mr and Mrs Voter voted for Brexit is that they are fed up with seeing their living standards constantly eroded by cheap labour from post-communist economies. With every post you make, you just come across as the classic “turkey voting for Christmas”.

Plenty of foreign reg lorries because it’s roughly 2 hrs from the boat.

cav551:

Agree. But the point is that 15 years ago, around 70% of trucks transiting Dover were British-registered, and now it is 12.6%.

Harry Monk:

cav551:

Agree. But the point is that 15 years ago, around 70% of trucks transiting Dover were British-registered, and now it is 12.6%.

I think youll see from the link Ive posted above that Cross Channel traffic is currently 12.5% as you`ve said, but was about 33% in 2000. (That is total traffic not just Dover).
You are making a very valid point though. Given there is an increase in traffic, it represents a loss of summat like two thirds of UK cross channel traffic.

Harry Monk:
With every post you make, you just come across as the classic “turkey voting for Christmas”.

I was pushed from the UK, i lost my wife and daughter, have no interests there apart from my house which i havent seen in 20 years and made a new life in Spain so im hardly the ;turkey voting for christnas’ now am i?

AndrewG:

Harry Monk:
With every post you make, you just come across as the classic “turkey voting for Christmas”.

I was pushed from the UK, i lost my wife and daughter, have no interests there apart from my house which i havent seen in 20 years and made a new life in Spain so im hardly the ;turkey voting for christnas’ now am i?

Your personal sob story is irrelevant. You are working for far lower rates than you would be had haulage rates from Spain not been cut to ribbons by eastern European operators. I don’t believe you see “hundreds” of British trucks in Spain and I doubt anyone else does either.

Harry Monk:

AndrewG:

Harry Monk:

Your personal sob story is irrelevant. You are working for far lower rates than you would be had haulage rates from Spain not been cut to ribbons by eastern European operators. I don’t believe you see “hundreds” of British trucks in Spain and I doubt anyone else does either.

You have it totally wrong, ts certainly NOT a sob story!
As for the rates i work for how could you possibly know or have any idea of my earnings?? We’re on a pretty lucrative contract here and have been for a long time, i wouldnt do the 4K km i do a week if i was earnig a pittance.
As for what you or anyone else believes i really dont care, i know what i see, im here youre not :wink: