Cobham fucking services

Never again. What a ■■■■■■■ stinking ■■■■■■■ arse wiping ■■■■ stained pile of ■■■■■■■ catsick. £28 ■■■■■■■ quid. NO ■■■■■■■ food voucher. 1000’s of ■■■■■■■ civies getting in your way. Staff who would struggle in a “what’s your name?” competition…

■■■■ it. I’m buying a crate of beer and go and find some friendly Euro drivers to join.

It is ■■■■■ hole :smiley: :smiley: or find a lady of the night.Take it your fed up and want a laugh.

the nodding donkey:
Never again. What a [zb] stinking [zb] arse wiping ■■■■ stained pile of [zb] catsick. £28 [zb] quid. NO [zb] food voucher. 1000’s of [zb] civies getting in your way. Staff who would struggle in a “what’s your name?” competition…

[zb] it. I’m buying a crate of beer and go and find some friendly Euro drivers to join.

Well most of the staff there have English as a second language, and the ■■■■ soaked truck park is always crammed with United nations, so off you trot. As for £28 thought it was snap

Colin_scottish:
It is [zb] hole :smiley: :smiley: or find a lady of the night.Take it your fed up and want a laugh.

Nah, I’m alright. Just ■■■■■■ of about the food voucher. :smiley:

the nodding donkey:
Never again. What a [zb] stinking [zb] arse wiping ■■■■ stained pile of [zb] catsick. £28 [zb] quid. NO [zb] food voucher. 1000’s of [zb] civies getting in your way. Staff who would struggle in a “what’s your name?” competition…

[zb] it. I’m buying a crate of beer and go and find some friendly Euro drivers to join.

There is no need to give an incentive in the form of a food voucher, if drivers are still daft enough to park there for 28 quid, snap or not. :bulb:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

There is no need to give an incentive in the form of a food voucher, if drivers are still daft enough to park there for 28 quid, snap or not. :bulb:

I’m not bothered about the parking fee, the company pay that. I have never, and will never, paid for MSA parking.

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

I’m not bothered about the parking fee, the company pay that. I have never, and will never, paid for MSA parking.

Neither have I, but I don’t park on principle, irrespective of the fact that the co. pays it.
Not for any love of the co. either, I just hate any ■■■■ robbing rip off merchants, and especially MSAs.

the nodding donkey:

Colin_scottish:
It is [zb] hole :smiley: :smiley: or find a lady of the night.Take it your fed up and want a laugh.

Nah, I’m alright. Just ■■■■■■ of about the food voucher. :smiley:

“Something vexes thee…”
It depends on what you call “Food” to actually be gotten with such a voucher. :unamused:
The washing machines look like they’ve given the food they serve up a bit of a tumble in them first. It’s no wonder they break down.
The charging points often have some fancy car hogging two spaces or a caravan being left on it overnight… Either way you can’t get to use 'em yourself. If the spaces ARE vacant, it’s because the bloody things have been vandalized again.

You have to be quite pushy as a pedestrian on that zebra crossing. The traffic in a hurry to leave doesn’t even slow down unless you’re already giving it a Beatles walk upon it… At least you can stick your brown trousers in the washing machines nearby IF they are not working, or worse - just swallowing your coins.

Never seen a “Lady of the night” hanging about the truck park. Just plenty of Eurodrivers cooking up something on their stoves they set up on the “do not step” bit of their catwalks.

There’s a pulled pork stall first thing as you walk in the doors, but the place is so crammed the only pork being pulled by this establishment - is the customers.

All in all, the place is too small to be fit for purpose. It’s an ongoing problem that the South East is the very part of Britain that cannot be built upon, but has all the trade routes and tourist traffic going through it, even on Sunday evenings when you’d think it would quieten down a bit. :neutral_face:

I used to park in Extra services when I was with my last lot but they had SNAP. Now I don’t bother. I anit paying £30 for that place!

I never stop there , I’d rather drive to the A3 and get rocked to sleep in a lay by than park there

Traffic was nasty m25 on Thurs afternoon, my planned to perfection run from Luxembourg got messed up thanks to Chunnel, no way would I be home for din dins, so treated myself there to a gammon & tatties in a giant yorkie pudding, even had a can of pop.

By the time i was done, traffic was sorted. Perfect.

Do the trucks that night in the car parking bit not get done tho? Not just EU rigs, spotted lots of Brits too. Do appreciate the truck bit is tiny tho.

iguana:
Do appreciate the truck bit is tiny tho.

Drivers don’t like the place and the locals rightly didn’t want it built here.In which case the obvious alternative was to do what the objectors like me said by enlarging Clacket Lane and building a new much bigger services between Heathrow and the M40 somewhere in the zb desolate scrub land by comparison around Iver and not destroying yet more of Surrey’s countryside.

iguana:
Traffic was nasty m25 on Thurs afternoon, my planned to perfection run from Luxembourg got messed up thanks to Chunnel, no way would I be home for din dins, so treated myself there to a gammon & tatties in a giant yorkie pudding, even had a can of pop.

By the time i was done, traffic was sorted. Perfect.

Do the trucks that night in the car parking bit not get done tho? Not just EU rigs, spotted lots of Brits too. Do appreciate the truck bit is tiny tho.

Trucks are slowly taking over the whole parking area at night. At first they had an overflow area over the otherside of the building but now or at least last time I went they are closing the coach park and putting trucks in there as well.

blue estate:
I never stop there , I’d rather drive to the A3 and get rocked to sleep in a lay by than park there

Gone are the days alas, of Wisley “Right Hand Shank” Layby, where the in-house entertainment was a regular event. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never stopped overnight there. We aren’t allowed to park in a services unless we have a load on. I’ve had a shower and food there, before going to a lay by

blue estate:

The trouble is…

Particularly with the A3 is, once you’ve turned south on it, if the lay by’s are full before the services you’re commited to running further and further south in the hope of finding a space. You could well end up the other side of the Hindhead tunnel before you find somewhere, that’s a lot of mileage. This is how drivers run out of time and get a bollocking or worse.

I never get down that way much nowadays (Thank Christ :smiley: )
but surely some of you must have your own little secret corners around that vicinity, rather than having to resort to parking in that overpriced ■■■■ hole (or a ■■■■ lay by for that matter :unamused: )

It looks to me like there is definitely a business opportunity for a Truckstop there.Especially as true to form the Government and Local Authorities are choosing to just turn a blind eye to the chronic truck parking situation rather than address it. :unamused:

robroy:
but surely some of you must have your own little secret corners around that vicinity, rather than having to resort to parking in that overpriced [zb] hole (or a [zb] lay by for that matter :unamused: )

It looks to me like there is definitely a business opportunity for a Truckstop there.Especially as true to form the Government and Local Authorities are choosing to just turn a blind eye to the chronic truck parking situation rather than address it. :unamused:

I have Rob, even in that neck of the woods. Some even have a pub walking distance away. Problem is, that we must park in a ‘safe’ location, due to the loads we carry. If you don’t, and some (or all, last year we had a lorry stolen from Willenhall ) of the load goes missing, they start asking g questions. For the odd night out that I do these days, it’s not worth the hassle.

the nodding donkey:

robroy:
but surely some of you must have your own little secret corners around that vicinity, rather than having to resort to parking in that overpriced [zb] hole (or a [zb] lay by for that matter :unamused: )

I have Rob, even in that neck of the woods. Some even have a pub walking distance away. Problem is, that we must park in a ‘safe’ location, due to the loads we carry. If you don’t, and some (or all, last year we had a lorry stolen from Willenhall ) of the load goes missing, they start asking g questions. For the odd night out that I do these days, it’s not worth the hassle.

Yeh, we have to park in places sometimes which would not be my first choice, because of hi value loads, it’s only common sense.

Free LGV parking on the approach road to the bridge and under the bridge if you wear flip flops and No Speeky Englishy, trucks parked in the car parking on the far end by the motorway do not get fined, i do not mind Cobham, good Indian takeaway food, then the roast carvery meal deals, or a Mexican meal, if i can not sleep, i can get a nice coffee from Starbucks, which is open 24 hours .
Fish and chip meal if that floats your boat .

The MSA is now not fit for purpose , and is too small to cope with increasing traffic and parking volumes, whoever owns the land next to it , could make a fortune selling it to make it bigger, or did the local bird watchers and dog walking Nimbies object to that plan ?

In my opinion, they should have built two MSA`S, ONE on each side .Job done .