Coals to Newcastle

:laughing: :laughing:

Today I delivered frozen fish to Grimsby…

:confused: :confused:

We’ve just had to price a job involving bring some Paxman diesel engines back to Colchester from Aberdeen. They’re going to a boatyard down here and not back to the factory.

Once took a load of 20mm shingle to a lakeside devolopment . . . . being built around an old gravel pit
:confused:

When I worked for Tilcon they used to backload coal from Betteshanger in Kent to Newcastle on Tyne for blending.

Pete.

Coke from billy montigue france to redcar coke works hows that :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Sheep to Wales

Denis F:
Sheep to Wales

Not really the same thing Denis; that was just to prevent too much inbreeding! :grimacing:

Stainless steel from Krakow, Poland to Sheffield :open_mouth:

hiya ,
my house overlooks the east coast main line not too close to be troubled by noise , what can i see ? foreign coal yes train loads of it being pulled toward newcastle , i never thought i would see the day , when i moved here over 20 years ago it was the other way round plus there was haulage companies large ones running nothing but coal south have done the odd load myself to fords of dagenham now there isn’t one mine left a bit of opencast which employs a handful of labour and still multi million tons of the stuff in the ground badly planned or what .
thanks harry long retired .

Taking frozen fish into the Humberside Ports is not a new thing, used to take reefers to a processing plant in Hull on a regular basis back in the 80’s and this was frozen ‘Coley’ all the way from North America, only brought it from Seaforth though :wink: :wink: Someone was making a profit somewhere but it always baffled me how it could be cheaper to catch fish in the USA/Canada and ship all that way to one of the major fishing ports of the UK, also used to take 20ft boxes of fishmeal to Aberdeen again these had come all the way from North America via Seaforth Container Terminal.
The country has been in decline for a good few decades and now we are all going to hell in a handcart Lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink:

I use to take Fish in a bulk tipper from Plymouth to Grimsby, hows that ?

miketdt:
I use to take Fish in a bulk tipper from Plymouth to Grimsby, hows that ?

Did’nt it leak… :question: :question: :question:

I took a full load of Ice!! from London, Ontario to Lake Louise, Alberta.

Many years ago I picked up a boat from Oban and delivered it to Southampton.

Cheaper and quicker to transport it by road rather than the owner sail it round the coast.

Same with moving trains, cheaper and easier to get a heavy haulage outfit in to move the loco than to buy a movement slot on the tracks.

Have delivered mars bars to a cash and carry in slough across the road from the mars plant,they had been on a ride from slough to bicester then back to slough :open_mouth:

Collect Irish whiskey in bonded warehouse in Belfast for a company in Cork Was transferred from another rig that was up the road in front of me, we both ran back to cork together.The whiskey was made in Midleton Co Cork. Some thing to do with tax