Coal and Coke hauliers

Dan Punchard:

Now that’s what I would call real greedy boards, Eh, Great photos Dan, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Dan Punchard:

Now that’s what I would call real greedy boards, Eh, Great photos Dan, Regards Larry.

Note the coalite sunstrip ,anyone got one to sell me ? I’d like one for my Erf.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk%2021365075826_779672.jpg

As a teenager I remember travelling in a Triumph Herald with 2 friends from Scotland to Dover overnight on the then old A1 , and recall seeing great long convoys of Rexco 6 wheelers ( Seddons ) with huge high bodies loaded with smokeless fuel running down from Nottingham area into London ,at very high speed !!!.

Couple of oldies here.
Hu02913.jpg
Hu03593.jpg
transportphotos.com.

Ay up Jackdaw where you had the pictures of my wagon from ? They look like the ones I took ■■?

I thought that too !

Stanfield:
Couple of oldies here.10
transportphotos.com.

Top photo looks like a Bedford fitted with a George Neville tilt cab conversion John?

Pete.

Hi Pete Cant say that I have seen this model before so dont know mate.

Stanfield:
Hi Pete Cant say that I have seen this model before so dont know mate.

Here you are John, never seen one myself though.
ournottinghamshire.org.uk/pa … p376p.aspx

Pete.

Derbyshire Foden:
Ay up Jackdaw where you had the pictures of my wagon from ? They look like the ones I took ■■?

Hiya D/F sorry about that I was turning the top pic for you and the other pic appeared also. Must be more careful. :blush: :unamused:

Jakdaw:

Derbyshire Foden:

Hiya D/F sorry about that I was turning the top pic for you and the other pic appeared also. Must be more careful. :blush: :unamused:

No mither Jakdaw.

victor Thompson,maryport,■■■■■■■

peter greggains,maryport,■■■■■■■

peter greggains,maryport,■■■■■■■

Good picture hodge turbo with the pit heads in the back ground .

Taken at Shepshed 1992ish another old firm that moved large amounts
of coal and coke in their day. By the amount of chemical thats been used looks as if its ready for test or sale.

IMG_0044 (640x480).jpg

Hi Mike ,I was in Tim walkers office not long ago ,he has a feature from commercial motor framed which is about an earlier foden model in the same livery .

Stanfield:
E&F Beattie based in the Ancoats area of Manchester during the 50/60s and at one time part of the Stephenson Clarke group of companys210

My Dad his twin brother worked for Beatties,Brian and Keith Campbell,

Dan Punchard:
Hi Mike ,I was in Tim walkers office not long ago ,he has a feature from commercial motor framed which is about an earlier foden model in the same livery .

Hi Dan.Yes ,interesting old firm.I expect its a completely different operation today.Here’s an old firm from our part of the country
who use to be regulars in the pits and opencast sites.Long gone now with houses on the old yard as you will know.I have put this on another thread before, but worth a look just to see the gorgeous Wilcox body, all the welds and hooks in line. Shame Bob had’nt made a better job of rolling the sheet up. :slight_smile: Should be in an art gallery in place of those stupid piles of bricks.Just my opinion. Mike :smiley:

IMG_0032 (640x480).jpg