Coaches

Ok it puzzles me, why are coaches allowed to go faster than us, surely there is more chance of loss of life on a coach carrying 50 odd people if that crashes than an truck with 1 driver.

Think it’s a size and weight issue. 44 ton does take some stopping.

Also our speed limit is 60mph whereas a coach can do 70.

It mat have something to do with driver sanity. :laughing:

If you can go faster, you can get the moaning old biddies off quicker. :laughing: :laughing:

I reckon its due to the fact that a trailer full of pallets of pickled onions will not moan when being overtaken by a coach, however if it were to be shoe on the other foot, old dears on their way to turkey and tinsel week wouldn’t like to be over taken by said pickled onions. I put it down to the fact people are on the whole moaning ■■■■■■■■■

Actually change that people who get on coaches are moaning ■■■■■■■■

it must be something to do with weight - stopping distance i would think :confused:

how much does a fully loaded coach weigh anyway?

merc0447:
it must be something to do with weight - stopping distance i would think :confused:

seeing as most are 4 wheelers I’d guess less than 18t :wink:

They seem to be immune to width and weight limits too. :wink:

Denis F:

merc0447:

seeing as most are 4 wheelers I’d guess less than 18t :wink:

or the same as a four wheeler truck so speed limit would be the same if it was because of weight of vehicles surely!

My guess is it has more to do with if they slow coaches down too much they will not get used and increase car usage, just a guess though

Dogmatix:
Ok it puzzles me, why are coaches allowed to go faster than us

Simple… It’s because we’re better than you :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Joking before you start lol. If they were to change the law on the speed of them it would mess up the gearing. At 56 I’m only doing about 1,100-1,200 so it would end up slowing down too much. That or never getting out of 11th

Dogmatix:
Ok it puzzles me, why are coaches allowed to go faster than us, surely there is more chance of loss of life on a coach carrying 50 odd people if that crashes than an truck with 1 driver.

its to get the old folk to the toilets at the services quicker cos they are all incontinent(no offence to the oldies).have you not noticed the flies that follow a wallace arnold down lane 3■■ :laughing:

buck73:
…have you not noticed the flies that follow a wallace arnold down lane 3■■ :laughing:

Hope not, :laughing: they shouldn’t be in lane 3 :laughing:

Didn’t wallace arnold merge with shearings. Does that mean they now get called sheer wallies :smiley: