Coaches

I went on a coach today and just working out why they can do 65mph fully laidened.

I drive a 18tonner and limited to 54mph.
So why can a coach U.L.W 12.5ton and L W with 53 passagners with average person weighing in @ 60kgs the bus would be about 16ton overall.

So whats more important your load of general cargo or 53 passangers.
and a vehicle 5.2ton is restricted to 54mph

So why are coaches limited higher than most trucks when some are even lighter.

cos cargo doesnt moan at you when its late.

The PROPOSAL currently on the governments table is to have all LGVs including C1s and coaches limited to 56 mph on motorways regardless of a limiter fitted or not - it will come but I know not when

K.Adams:
So why are coaches limited higher than most trucks when some are even lighter.

Simply put, to encourage not discourage passengers using coaches, if it takes much longer in a coach than it does in a car then it defeats the object of telling folk to use the coach for inter city transport.

Currently the coach travels 5mph slower than a car, if it’s reduced to 56 mph that would add at least 14 minutes per hour of travel, therefore adding upto 1 hr on a coach journey.

Of course longer as well due to those bloody wagons on the motorway running side by side for 60 miles because one wont fall in behind the other :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the look on a coach drivers face wen i over take them is priceless :sunglasses:

my baby is irish registered :laughing:

doh!!!

Just a point, I believe coaches are limited to 100kph, which is 63 mph - but then am I being pedantic!

We all know that Irish trucks go faster, but why is that? I thought the speed limiters were an EU thing, and therefore should all be set the same. Please will someone enlighten me - after all I can’t be Smart Mart if I don’t know!

Another interesting point about PCV is that a 16 seater mini bus only requires 1mm of tread to be legal, but if you turn the same chassis into a van it has to have 1.6mm!

Lol mine does…i always get this strange phone call from it asking where i am and what time am i going to be there… :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

dogthehunter:

Lol mine does…i always get this strange phone call from it asking where i am and what time am i going to be there… :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

That phone call is probably from one of the ‘illegals’ hiding in the back of your truck :unamused: :laughing: