coach license

Thinking of getting my coach license as an extra string to my bow.

Do I have to do theory test and all that kerfuffle. Anyone know how much its going to cost roughly.

Yes you will need theory test.when i did it i was about 750 pound for it.i dont use it but consider it a safety net

I got my class 1 psv many moons ago, not a job I would ever go back too.
I hated it.
Stage carnage (sorry carrage) work pays around £11 per hour all hours worked, coaching work usually pays a bit less.

Never done coach work, done plenty of bus driving, would never go back to it :smiley:

midlifetrucker:
Thinking of getting my coach license as an extra string to my bow.

Do I have to do theory test and all that kerfuffle. Anyone know how much its going to cost roughly.

DCPC bit -
Did you pass car test before 1997?
If yes then you need not do initial PCV dcpc modules 2 and 4 so that will save some dosh
If no then mods 2 and 4 required
Assuming you already have a DQC for LGV then the PCV gets added to that existing DQC expiry date but you have to email to request it

You will in all cases have to pass modules
1a theory
1b HPT
3 practical road drive

As far as I know the cost for each of those is roughly the same as doing the LGV C

Thanks chaps. Passed car test in 1981 so that should be okay.

midlifetrucker:
Thanks chaps. Passed car test in 1981 so that should be okay.

Email you need to add PCV to LGV DQC when got D1 101 on licence = cpcre@dsa.gsi.gov.uk

Drift:
I got my class 1 psv many moons ago, not a job I would ever go back to.
I hated it.

^^ Me too, me too & me too again

Personally, I wouldn’t bother. I’ve had mine since 1992, and the rates here in the Manchester area appear to be around £80 a day, which can be up to 15 hours a shift. Spoke to one Coach Company owner who told me that’s what the rates are amongst most company’s, and as a result they are struggling to get drivers. No surprise really.

I do buses and coaches although the money is not great there are tips and other incentives from time to time.They also load andunload themselves.

alamcculloch:
I do buses and coaches although the money is not great there are tips and other incentives from time to time.They also load andunload themselves.

except for the luggage

And that’s assuming the “load” doesn’t wander off to take photos or spend hours having breakfast or afternoon tea, or whatever else old biddies and duffers do.