Coach driving vs truck driving

Im not going to do a detailed description of comparing the 2 jobs together but just a few observations…
Coach driving - you’re parked in a coach park and other drivers talk to you and make you tea/coffee
Truck driving - nobody makes an effort to talk
Coach driving - you can get either free food and drink (Norton Canes services) or for 1p
Truck driving - you have to pay full whack
Coach driving - not very comfy to sleep on for a few hours, though my coach is one of about 3 fitted with a Webasto heater :sunglasses:
Truck driving - you’ve got a bunk
And Ive also noticed that 9 times out of 10 I’ll overtake a Stobart and they’ll flash me in, most other drivers dont :confused:
I would do a diary but I cant really be arsed to do one…

ok fair enough. :laughing:

You omit to mention the gobby kids who stick chewing gum on the seats or run around the coach on the school run. Who washes the floor when it has been raining and there is two inches of mud and grass down the aisle.

I did one job with mine when I passed my test in 2003 and swore never to carry passengers again and to this day I haven’t.

That’s why I drive a lorry and not a coach.

waddy640:
You omit to mention the gobby kids who stick chewing gum on the seats or run around the coach on the school run. Who washes the floor when it has been raining and there is two inches of mud and grass down the aisle.

I did one job with mine when I passed my test in 2003 and swore never to carry passengers again and to this day I haven’t.

Yeah, I forgot that bit… :laughing: :laughing:
I dont wash my floor, some bright spark decided to fully carpet mine, with no way of taking it up :unamused:

Sounds like you spend most of your time in motorway services when driving a coach, bit depressing innit?
They only good thing about a coach is that it has a bog.

DAF95XF:

waddy640:

Yeah, I forgot that bit… :laughing: :laughing:
I dont wash my floor, some bright spark decided to fully carpet mine, with no way of taking it up :unamused:

That is fine until you have someone on board that suffers from travel sickness. No opening windows to ventilate, so keep stocked up with air freshener.

Both jobs have good bits and bad bits.

bubsy06:
Sounds like you spend most of your time in motorway services when driving a coach, bit depressing innit?

Yeah, it is, but I tend to Eddie spot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They only good thing about a coach is that it has a bog.

Mine doesnt :cry:

DAF95XF:
Im not going to do a detailed description of comparing the 2 jobs together but just a few observations…
Coach driving - you’re parked in a coach park and other drivers talk to you and make you tea/coffee
Coach driving - you can get either free food and drink (Norton Canes services) or for 1p
Coach driving - not very comfy to sleep on for a few hours, though my coach is one of about 3 fitted with a Webasto heater :sunglasses:
And Ive also noticed that 9 times out of 10 I’ll overtake a Stobart and they’ll flash me in, most other drivers dont :confused:
I would do a diary but I cant really be arsed to do one…

Go on, do us some diaries :slight_smile: . Would make for interesting reading especially if you can do us some piccies as well (just don’t take them while driving like I do if you’ve got pax onboard :open_mouth: ).

DAF95XF:

Sounds horrendous. I’ve seen coach driver’s on the ferries and they all have a road map of their weeks menu on their ties, a bloody flashing thing in their ear at all times, as if they are scared of missing an important call from the Dalai Lama, and are far to quick to want to tell you about the 18 year old nymphos, often twins or sisters, who look like models and throw themselves at them on every trip. Must be the meal stained uniform that is the turn on, can’t surely be the fat [zb] with the flashing ear.

DAF95XF:

Perfect, just the way I like it. I don’t want to listen to some testicle sac telling me how bad their boss/the job/their life is or suffer hearing about their ■■■ life.

DAF95XF:

Vastly overpriced at either of those prices. Why would anybody willingly put the food from those places into their body?

DAF95XF:

You don’t HAVE to.

DAF95XF:

How have you got time for sleeping? You are too busy eating muck and listening to ■■■■■■■■. :wink:

DAF95XF:

Indeed

DAF95XF:

Why do you need flashing in? Don’t you know where the back of your coach is or are the mirrors really crap? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

So, coach driving is great because you get to eat crap for free, you spend a lot of time in MSA’s and Stobart drivers flash you in? Where do I sign up? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Bad day, Neil? :open_mouth:

Coffeeholic:
Sounds horrendous. I’ve seen coach driver’s on the ferries and they all have a road map of their weeks menu on their ties, a bloody flashing thing in their ear at all times, as if they are scared of missing an important call from the Dalai Lama, and are far to quick to want to tell you about the 18 year old nymphos, often twins or sisters, who look like models and throw themselves at them on every trip. Must be the meal stained uniform that is the turn on, can’t surely be the fat [zb] with the flashing ear.

I dont have a flashing thing in my ear - tried it once and it felt uncomfortable, plus it makes you look like a ■■■ with one :stuck_out_tongue:
18 year old nymphos throwing themselves at them, Im in the wrong job then :cry:

Rob K:
Bad day, Neil? :open_mouth:

No, very good day. Worked 4 hours for 9.5 hours pay and spent the rest of the day at home with beer.

DAF95XF:

Coffeeholic:

I dont have a flashing thing in my ear - tried it once and it felt uncomfortable, plus it makes you look like a ■■■ with one :stuck_out_tongue:
18 year old nymphos throwing themselves at them, Im in the wrong job then :cry:

You must be one of the few. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Steady coffee i can hear your blood cells swelling from here.

Buses = people

I don’t like people and i don’t like buses :smiley:

merc0447:
Buses = people

^This.

the only difference between a bus and a bin wagon is the ■■■■■ walks on and off the bus!

merc0447:
Buses = people

Shame I drive a coach then innit :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

DAF95XF:

merc0447:
Buses = people

Shame I drive a coach then innit :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

A coach is just a bus with ideas above it’s station. :wink:

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it’s a duck.

Coaches have people in them. Trucks don’t , Trucks win