Coach drivers

Coach drivers are very similar to truck driver yet they don’t feel the need to have bling on the coaches or frilly curtains! Why is this I wonder, or is simply because there is no market for it and it’s not possible to buy it?

I’d reckon it’s because there boss doesn’t allow it as it would look a bit unprofessional…it’d be like getting into a taxi with lowered suspension and a stupid bodykit-just a bit tacky!

Ain’t you seen a coach at Xmas? Half of them look like they’ve ram raided a Santas grotto on the way to pick the blue rinses up before they go on their mystery tour of the Cotswolds :smiley:
I suppose because with coaches it’s not just you on your own like a truck driver plus the fact they don’t night out in them it doesn’t feel like your second home and you don’t feel the need to add personnel touches. Do coach drivers keep the same coach like trampers usually keep the same truck for 3-5 year?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Ain’t you seen a coach at Xmas? Half of them like like they’ve ram raided a Santas grotto on the way to pick the blue rinses up before they go on their mystery tour of the Cotswolds :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They do Turkey and Tinsel tours all year.It is Christmas all year for the blue rinse brigade.
I see the coaches go past me on the motorway.
The passengers look half dead and never wear seat belts.
Never seen Matador spears in a coach yet.
There is an Indian owned firm called Thandi,that is an eye opener.

Most coach drivers are hired for the season, and normally get to keep one vehicle, like trucking agencies, there are also casual drivers employed to do the ■■■■ then you have the spanish shuttles where drivers share the driving, then you have the good old international trips, all included, hotel, food etc same crack as the punters really and generally keep the same vehicles and then there are companies that operate a summer and winter season where regular drivers work all year round, and get to keep the same vehicle.
years ago coach drivers would decorate the vehicles windows of where they had been, a reminder just in case they forget, and to show the punters what a rover he really is, today theyre not interested, and neither are the bosses, who put paid to the practice as it does make the inside tatty. Of course it attracts customers if you have a tidy looking fleet, and so its in the bosses interest to add extras, like wheel trims or alloy wheels, night heaters, and aircon, i personally loved a pair of furry dice :laughing:

As someone with a license to drive both, I wouldn’t decorate, or adorn any vehicle that I was driving for a living with all the tacky bling. It is like a big sign saying “driver is a council estate chav”… :unamused:

Don’t do it guys, it just makes you look common… :grimacing:

I’m a full time coach driver.

It’s a new ‘Neoplan Tourliner’. It has Durabrites and all the other good spec that you’d want inside. Comes as standard with plenty marker lights and so on and it looks the part.

My only personal touches are a couple of mini flags on the dash and to be honest there isn’t much else you could put on it even if you tried…

stagedriver:
'Neoplan

:open_mouth:
Enough said, used to drive a couple of these many moons ago, if there is one vehicle put on this earth to induce travel sickness this was it :laughing: :laughing:

stagedriver:
It’s a new ‘Neoplan Tourliner’

Driven an 11 plate one, wasn’t impressed with it all, too plasticky…

Drift:

stagedriver:
'Neoplan

:open_mouth:
Enough said, used to drive a couple of these many moons ago, if there is one vehicle put on this earth to induce travel sickness this was it :laughing: :laughing:

I quite liked the Neoplan, esp the Cityliners - much better than a tinny Plaxton

Flippin eck the ones I drove where about R reg :blush:

most of the fancy coaches you see going about are leased, with some stickers on the side for names. bit like big lorry firms that don’t ‘bling’ motors either.

when I drove coaches we had our own motor and were expected to keep it clean, I stuck some extra LEDs on and acquired some chrome wheel covers from a friend of a friend of a friend who had some on a lease lorry :laughing:

a lot of coach work is either seasonal or school work. no one would bling a school bus up, and those on the seasonal tour work (like Glentons or David Urquhart) are often told the coach must be no older than x amount of years. so that’s why so many are leased or on irish/private plates.

as far as I have noticed, coach drivers do it for the job, the destination and the sights, lorry drivers like the driving. not including all bampot lorry drivers who talk wages and and consider every other driver less :smiley:

Is bus driving a good job then I’m thinking of going for a job at Ulster bus

irish lorries:

Depends if you like loads that are silent, or ones that are noisy, irritating and smell of ■■■■/Benelyn/antiseptic/beer. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

They seem to trim up at Christmas,

I have both licences as well as quite few on here.The main difference is a bus or coach loads and unloads itself ,some “loads” even strap themselves in. :smiley:

irish lorries:

Christ NO :open_mouth: :laughing:
I drove buses from 1986 for 17 years around Liverpool, I loved the first two years and hated the next 15 years driving them, then went into the office for 7 years…bliss :laughing:

We had a saying
The (■■■) gets thrown into a bin lorry but it walks onto a bus :wink:

It was great as a single lad though as the totty you could chat up was awesome :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

I think I will try it I get what you mean drift but I will just get use to it I know what Liverpool’s like and derrys the same

To be fair I had some great times but that was mainly before the rules got strict before and just after deregulation, I have never seen a job with so many alcoholics though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: