Co Pilot

has anyone got any experience of Co Pilot truck sat nav app? My old sat nav has died and fancy putting Co Pilot truck nav on my ipad but at £130 for the app wanted some feedback before I do it.

Ive been using it for 3 years now. My brother rooted my old android phone, and put a cracked version of this on. Unfortunately the maps cant be updated and its a bit out of date now, but part from that I love it. Never had a problem or been sent anywhere dodgy yet (touch wood). Allows truck height on it and weight limits etc. It occasionally tries to take you on strange routes to places you know, but if you are going in blind its pretty useful.

Swordsy:
Ive been using it for 3 years now. My brother rooted my old android phone, and put a cracked version of this on. Unfortunately the maps cant be updated and its a bit out of date now, but part from that I love it. Never had a problem or been sent anywhere dodgy yet (touch wood). Allows truck height on it and weight limits etc. It occasionally tries to take you on strange routes to places you know, but if you are going in blind its pretty useful.

Thanks for your response, in your opinion is it worth the £130? wonder why the maps are not updated for this price, also it states traffic alerts? are these alerts accurate?

Think Swordsy is saying he has a pirated version and as such cannot go to the Go Pro site to download any updates …

I see, yes I just read it has been updated 5 April 2016, includes 12 months free traffic updates, seems a good alternative than Tom Tom and Garmin etc

Genius Maps is pretty good. The licences are lifetime and the format is fairly uncluttered and the live traffic seems to work ok.

I have Mapfactor as well but frankly the map download is a nightmare but it works ok once it’s done lots of info on it with bridge heights and weights I don’t think it has live traffic or at least I haven’t bought the license for it.

IGO as well is worth looking at but you cannot store the maps on your SD card which ■■■■■.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk

I will take a look at those, thanks for the info

I’ve just started using smart truck route.
Liking it so far. You can trial it for £15 for a month subscription.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ICharger:
I’ve just started using smart truck route.
Liking it so far. You can trial it for £15 for a month subscription.

Does it work on ipad?

I belive it does but double check on the store.

Been using it now for a few years all I’ver Europe and never had a problem, the maps update regularly free and you can set it up with all your vehicle dimensions, I think they do a free 7 day trial on the app

ac1:
Been using it now for a few years all I’ver Europe and never had a problem, the maps update regularly free and you can set it up with all your vehicle dimensions, I think they do a free 7 day trial on the app

Co Pilot? would you say it is better than a dedicated sat nav unit

I have a question regarding co-pilot. Does it allow you to click or suggest alternative routes?
The smart truck app I use doesn’t and only has the option to manually add a via point which in my eyes isn’t very helpful.

Yes it will give alternative route based on the vehicle dimensions been using it since before it was publicly released :wink:;);););):wink: its never let me down in many years I’ve been using it. Personally id say go for the genuine version as you’ll get the map updates Europe is about 4.42 gb and it will work on iPad or tablet

alix776:
Yes it will give alternative route based on the vehicle dimensions been using it since before it was publicly released :wink:;);););):wink: its never let me down in many years I’ve been using it. Personally id say go for the genuine version as you’ll get the map updates Europe is about 4.42 gb and it will work on iPad or tablet

Fantastic amount of info, thank you

I think I’ll stick to the one I have at the moment as I’m thinking of purchasing a Garmin Dezl 770 LMT-D.
If I decide otherwise I may try the co-pilot.

Thank you for the information. It certainly opens other channels.

Sygic truck aint bad.rooted android ,cracked sygic, there all the same realy just an aid

I have now got Co Pilot and purchased it through the app store, downloaded it onto my ipad and it doesn’t half look bad at all. I am impressed so far, I will test it out all next week and see how it fares. I had the Garmin Dezl and quite liked it but as everyone of my era says, you cant beat a map to check the route the sat nav gives you. I like to use tech when it is useful. We never had phones in the cabs when I first started but now I love my iphone, CB radios have long gone and so too have map reading skills to a certain degree, both together are a great pair in my opinion. However I think I am going to be satisfied with the Co pilot truck app and at £130 hopefully better or as good as my old Garmin at a fraction of the cost.