Co-op pays about £370,000 in fines

They have been caught on weight limits around the Andover at £ 500 each offence, the story was in one of the truck magazines a week or so ago.

Small beer to them. Drivers on the other hand will be getting endorsements for their trouble, which makes life a LOT harder for them not just with getting work, but paying for insurance which can be expected to at least double.

I reckon punishments should be FINES for DRIVERS instead of endorsements, and operators to have their O licences revoked for persistant offences.
That might make the big boys wake up a bit! :sunglasses:

I saw that report aswell, but the thing i don’t understand is that non of the roads listed have weight restrictions on them, infact two of the roads I use everyday at 44 tonne. Now I have never seen any camera’s on these roads or infact any signs as there are not any, so how do the council know if any of the trucks using them are going to the coop rdc :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

there’s no points/endorsements for being overweight as far as i know.
and it’s usually the firm or the driver that gets fined, but not both. I know both get it sometimes, but usually one or the other.

Think it’s to do with coop site restrictions, maybe to do with planninh consent? If you get spotted by camera on the restricted routes then at rhe coop within a certain time thecoop get fined.

What about if its a first visit, no warnings etc on the notes, and are from well out of the area? I know the first time I didn’t know about it, and I can’t recall any signs on the way in saying prohibited.

It’s COOP lorries only on local routes. All our routes must leave by the A303.

e.g - Ludgershall store. We must go down 303 to tidworth then back across.

There are ANPR cameras on buisness park, and all over the roundabout and surrounding roads.
We have set routes for stores in Andover and if going Sailsbury must go amesbury.

There was a topic a while back on this.

Also there is a new sign on the way out asking all HGV traffic to use A303. I honestly don’t know how it affects non COOP vehicles.

I would also like to know what people living in Tidworth think of all the extra traffic the council are trying to push their way.

Mark22_2:
Also there is a new sign on the way out asking all HGV traffic to use A303. I honestly don’t know how it affects non COOP vehicles.

I would also like to know what people living in Tidworth think of all the extra traffic the council are trying to push their way.

Their eyeballs will be going " left, right, left, right, left, right, left! " :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Mark22_2:

i know you work there Mark. but i think it the business pk owners not the council that are imposing the fines

Winseer:
Small beer to them. Drivers on the other hand will be getting endorsements for their trouble, which makes life a LOT harder for them not just with getting work, but paying for insurance which can be expected to at least double.

I reckon punishments should be FINES for DRIVERS instead of endorsements, and operators to have their O licences revoked for persistant offences.

but will they be getting endorsements? and will their insurance double?

stevieboy308:

Winseer:
no weight restrictions around there so no endorsements

nope no weight limits or other legal restrictions, so no points or fines for the drivers. these fines are not from the council or police

loopyjuice:

stevieboy308:

Winseer:
no weight restrictions around there so no endorsements

nope no weight limits or other legal restrictions, so no points or fines for the drivers. these fines are not from the council or police

but even if there are weight limits, they won’t be getting points or doubling insurance costs. it’s non endorsable with a max £1000 fine.

As drivers we are not getting fines / points. It’s mostly a new agency driver or a driver that ’ no understand’ that flouts this request, normally using the Ludgershall road.

We were told at our induction that there is a limit on HGV movements per hour hence the traffic lights on exit and as part of the olicence we are not to use local roads.

I can understand not cutting through Andover but think the Ludgershall thing is a bit silly, lots of extra mileage ect.
To be honest I normally end up going south down the A34 as this is where a bulk of our work is.

Hiya…when Morrison’s opened the depot at Northwich, their was a ban on some roads to which
the Morrisons lorries could use. they have a folder to show the route to each shop, well thats
what we was told on the interview…no i didn’t have a job it was only half the wage i was getting.
John

I may be mixing up my weight limits (44t etc) with road weight limits here.

If you get pulled by VOSA and you’re 47t, then who gets fined what? I’m pretty sure you’ll be getting a licence endorsement for that.

As for going down 7.5t streets - Don’t you need a NIMBY curtain twitcher to grass you up nine times out of ten, due to lack of police/VOSA presence all the time? :confused:

Winseer:

If you get pulled by VOSA and you’re 47t, then who gets fined what? I’m pretty sure you’ll be getting a licence endorsement for that.

As for going down 7.5t streets - Don’t you need a NIMBY curtain twitcher to grass you up nine times out of ten, due to lack of police/VOSA presence all the time? :confused:

At 47t so long as no axles were over by 10% then you’d be getting a £60 fine and no points.

cameras can also get you

NO POINTS. ffs. just a fine.

Winseer:

It depends if it goes to court. if not, then it’s an on the spot fine for the driver. if it goes to court, then it’s either £300 for the driver or £3000 for the operator. plus costs and victim surcharge, but no points unless it’s classed as dangerous, which will be an additional charge.