CO-OP Nobby Dressingtable Andover Drivers

Hi All,

Have got a driving assessment and interview with Nobby’s at Avonmouth in two weeks time and would like a bit of info on them if possible. They expect to run a similar shift system to Andover and I believe the wages and terms are the same.

How does the 4 from 7 shift pattern work? Do you get three consecutive days off?

How many Sats and Suns will you work over the month? At present I work 3 out of 4 sats and 2 out of 4 suns.

When they say they will keep you well within your legal driving hours limits does that mean they use a lot of POA?

What’s the usual shift length?

Do they keep you on roughly the same start times or do these vary much in the week?

Do they have a pension scheme? Sick Pay?

Do you get any discount on Coop Shopping?

Many thanks for any answers you can provide.

Cheers

Andy

localboy:
Hi All,

Have got a driving assessment and interview with Nobby’s at Avonmouth in two weeks time and would like a bit of info on them if possible. They expect to run a similar shift system to Andover and I believe the wages and terms are the same.

How does the 4 from 7 shift pattern work? Do you get three consecutive days off?

How many Sats and Suns will you work over the month? At present I work 3 out of 4 sats and 2 out of 4 suns.

When they say they will keep you well within your legal driving hours limits does that mean they use a lot of POA?

What’s the usual shift length?

Do they keep you on roughly the same start times or do these vary much in the week?

Do they have a pension scheme? Sick Pay?

Do you get any discount on Coop Shopping?

Many thanks for any answers you can provide.

Cheers

Andy

are you sure you’ve covered everything? You didn’t ask about Divi! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Depends on if run like other coop sites with full time crl drivers.
I work on primary, ie not shops. it is not necessaraily 3 days rest consec, more like two at a time, but sometimes our rotal works as 3,4 or even 5 rest days.

Our shifts based on 48 hour week, so 4 x 12 hours, plus 45 break. Overhours are accrued, but I average round about 42 hrs per week.
Weekends balance out well for us, about 12 sats out of 28, and 17 suns out of 28

Never used poa yet

Holidays good, sick pay after qualifying period, coop 10% discount, good pension scheme

But depends on if you are employed by CRL or by Nobbys, which may be different.
Good luck

You have to be fluent in French!!

Too much to type out on phone but all your questions are covered at assessment. I will try and take a photo of rota and up load it for you.
Start times are within a 4 hour window of your choice. I worked 12 hours today, longest shift in ages!! WTD sheet averages around 35 hours a week!
You get a pension and sick pay after a quali period. NO discount but you get to wear a COOP uniform!!!

Good luck, best job I’ve had in a lOng time and hopefully transferring to Avonmouth too.
ps, you get 48h a week pay even if you don’t do the hours. Monthly paid on25th

Fogot to say I rarely do many driving hours- Andover to Southampton, 4 drops and back maybe 4 hours?!
Brighton and back 5 /6 hours. Done a 9 h once.

Cannot upload pic from phone but you get 3 days of together maybe 4 times the rest will be 3 on 2 off 4 on 1 off 2 on 2off 1on 1off 4on 3off etc. we are on a a 14 week rota, ie every 14 weeks the rota starts again( same pattern) 1 weekend in 3 ish off

Rota is not that bad when looked at over the year but we have been told they are changing it again to accommodate new stores and start times. A few well placed days off can gain a long holiday!

Thanks for the info Mark22, Sounds ok to me but shame no coop discount!!

Cheers

Mark22_2:
Fogot to say I rarely do many driving hours- Andover to Southampton, 4 drops and back maybe 4 hours?!
Brighton and back 5 /6 hours. Done a 9 h once.

Cannot upload pic from phone but you get 3 days of together maybe 4 times the rest will be 3 on 2 off 4 on 1 off 2 on 2off 1on 1off 4on 3off etc. we are on a a 14 week rota, ie every 14 weeks the rota starts again( same pattern) 1 weekend in 3 ish off

Rota is not that bad when looked at over the year but we have been told they are changing it again to accommodate new stores and start times. A few well placed days off can gain a long holiday!

topdog1606:
Depends on if run like other coop sites with full time crl drivers.
I work on primary, ie not shops. it is not necessaraily 3 days rest consec, more like two at a time, but sometimes our rotal works as 3,4 or even 5 rest days.

Our shifts based on 48 hour week, so 4 x 12 hours, plus 45 break. Overhours are accrued, but I average round about 42 hrs per week.
Weekends balance out well for us, about 12 sats out of 28, and 17 suns out of 28

Never used poa yet

Holidays good, sick pay after qualifying period, coop 10% discount, good pension scheme

But depends on if you are employed by CRL or by Nobbys, which may be different.
Good luck

How do you get to work on primary’s and not shop runs I didnt think you could choose .

Get in quick! No trunking avalible at Andover unless it’s covering. The trunk guys have their own rota.

HELLO im looking to find out what union is in andover transport…& is it weekly payed or monthly there many thanks

3wheelsonmycage:
HELLO im looking to find out what union is in andover transport…& is it weekly payed or monthly there many thanks

Unite union. Monthly paid on the 25. You applying?

Dan_1986:

3wheelsonmycage:

Unite union. Monthly paid on the 25. You applying?

Anybody know what the pay is like i.e how much ?

Andover at the moment is -

Class 1 £27100
Class 2 £2300 ish ( not sure as class 1 myself)

Assuming Avonmouth is the same.

HEY there
Whats going on in ANDOVER.
Ie
Are shifts getting any better .as. A-mouth early artic are getting 5 consecutive days off nice for them.!!
Well the later artic are doing 5 long days in 1 off 4 more long days in most days reloads
The dictators are unwillingly to take any feed back on board
Dekiting what a joke…it taking around 1.30 mins a day to unload
Is andover any better

3wheelsonmycage:
HEY there
Whats going on in ANDOVER.
Ie
Are shifts getting any better .as. A-mouth early artic are getting 5 consecutive days off nice for them.!!
Well the later artic are doing 5 long days in 1 off 4 more long days in most days reloads
The dictators are unwillingly to take any feed back on bourd
Dekiting what a joke…it taking around 1.30 mins a day to unload
Is andover any better

And what’s going on in Avonmouth ? We have had several join our place from the Co-op and they’ve lost other drivers too.

I left Andover 5 weeks ago, roughly 1 driver a week going!
Avonmouth the same.…… say no more!

Avonmouth have a lot of unhappy drivers, transport push you all the time, saying that i only did 9hrs today(someone else took my second run) it felt like a half day. regularly do 12/13hr shifts, lots of double runs, or backloads, it can’t be all bad as i’m still there after a year, the job itself is a piece of ■■■■. some of the stores loading bays can be a bit challenging, but you soon get pretty good at reversing. happy days . good luck.