co-op newhouse

any one any info on the new co-op depot in newhouse? or any co-op drivers whats the job like ?would be class2 i would be applying for . cheers

I am class one driver for co op notts but we use the ridgeds sometimes. Being honest it isn’t that bad, has got worse at our place recently though, its salary paid and meant to be on the nail hours wise but they’ve started planning extra in without telling us like today I’m planned to 13 hours but supposed to be on 11 and I wouldn’t mind if they booked me the time planned but they just say no, well once my time is up today I’m coming back unless they book my hours properly! Our class 2 vehicles actually all of them are filthy, bars that don’t fit, no straps to secure cages when you need em, broken cages on every load etc etc :smiley: I’ve had enough but can’t leave till I’ve got another job cause the money is too good :frowning:
Not sure about other depots though can’t be Hitler esque as ours! Not bad on a good day though as long as you don’t mind working hard to get the job done.

the current depots are harthill and ■■■■■■■■■■■ (discounting somerfields as i havent worked for them since the takeover) and they are completely different. harthill is pretty laid back, you get you licence copied the first time you go in, get your unit which is normally hooked up to your trailer, stop and book out at security and away you go
■■■■■■■■■■■ want a copy of your licence EVERY time you go in, if you dont have it they send you away. your unit is in the car park, drive in to the site to pick your trailer up, stop at security and get in the trailer to check a store number on a cage, seal the trailer and away you go

the two depots do not get on with each other and neither are particularly well run at all. in portsmouth, a rigid will have 3 or 4 shops. up here its 13/14 and you spend all day doubling back on yourself while you chase your arse. the co op is one of the few jobs i wont touch other than trunking. they dont even offer me the shop work because they know what the answer will be

there building depot in newhouse just before peggy whites garage, heard there looking for 50 drivers and the co-op pay 21k for class 2 wonder if it was rubbish talk or true

class2 hiab:
any one any info on the new co-op depot in newhouse? or any co-op drivers whats the job like ?

I am not quite coop driver, but I did a lot for them on agency… This is some thread when I am telling a story, but off course all similarities are strictly coincidential :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57158&p=679343&hilit=another+agency+driver#p679343

would be class2 i would be applying for . cheers

Are they taking in? I asked some time ago and they said that they use agency (transline IIRC) and as for new full time drivers they have some program warehouse to HGV…

well not sure thats what im hoping to find out . nice diary by the way sounds like you got messed about a fair bit tho

class2 hiab:
well not sure thats what im hoping to find out . nice diary by the way sounds like you got messed about a fair bit tho

Actually it’s not bad over there. You just have to take your book with you and take the approach of “I don’t care, if they want me to drive around George Square all day long, I am ok with that as long as they pay me”.

Most of vans are new three axle volvos and they are ok to drive. You can be send to some nice places like Scottish Borders or other nice villages… And the job itself is not too heavy as well - cages out, empties on, sometimes you have some pallets… Virtually no handball, I know only one shop when you can’t take cages in due to the big step, but it’s a small shop and the shop staff is taking the stuff from you.

But sometimes it can be a pin in the arse. I had a one run to aberdeenshire, when on my first drop I had to take most of the stuff out to get two boxes from the frozen compartment which is on the front with no side doors on it…

the new depot there building is some size and 10 mins from my house so hoping there looking going to phone hathill depot monday see if they have any info. not bothered about getting messed about with deliverys got numb to that now :laughing: :laughing:

just phoned co-op harthill turns out its shutting 2011 and moving to newhouse so doubt they’ll be looking for 50 new drivers

Ive been watching it getting built the last few weeks when i pass it on the M8 and i must say its going up like nobody’s business almost looks finished already :astonished:

Ive spent countless hours of my life in the queue at ■■■■■■■■■■■ i hope this place is better :slight_smile:

suppose it’ll be top notch building amazing facillitys but then again it’ll be the same people running it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

not done any coop for a while but seemed good place to work :smiley:

try this link

co-operative.jobs/ourbusines … apply.aspx

or search coop jobs retail logistics

thanks for the link