Co-op Castlewood

Has anyone who applied for a permanent job here been confirmed yet?

A local agency (spits) is advertising for staff & claiming to be the sole supplier !

There must be 100’s of Co-op agency drivers at Bulwell & Alfreton, has anyone been taken on the books?

i hav`nt applied,but a little bird told me 1 or 2 local drivers have had the nod. :wink:

commonrail:
i hav`nt applied,but a little bird told me 1 or 2 local drivers have had the nod. :wink:

I’m local to the place & would need to take my socks off to count the drivers I know who’ve applied. Beyond the initial phone interview, I don’t know anyone who’s heard any more than that.

Are the Co-op going to bite the bullet & take more drivers on the books, or are they going to keep fullfilling their needs with agency drivers?

yeah…you`re probably right.

I was on their short list and passed phone stage the next rounds are a 2 hour driving assessment and they are ongoing a lot are being called in from the other branches but they will still be looking to fill most positions permanent by August at the full ramp up. I have instead gone down the warehouse route as I also applied for a supervisory position and just missed out due to lack of experience. So from 1st April (I know what a date) I will be a warehouse op on 11+ pound an hour for a 37.5 week much nicer than my last two trucking jobs. Also I’ve been told if I hate it I’ll be able to sidestep across to the transport side again. Apparently there will be 300 drivers in position by August so no panic for you guys yet sit tight it’s just a slow process at the mo. HTH

beerdrinkinloon:
I was on their short list and passed phone stage the next rounds are a 2 hour driving assessment and they are ongoing a lot are being called in from the other branches but they will still be looking to fill most positions permanent by August at the full ramp up. I have instead gone down the warehouse route as I also applied for a supervisory position and just missed out due to lack of experience. So from 1st April (I know what a date) I will be a warehouse op on 11+ pound an hour for a 37.5 week much nicer than my last two trucking jobs. Also I’ve been told if I hate it I’ll be able to sidestep across to the transport side again. Apparently there will be 300 drivers in position by August so no panic for you guys yet sit tight it’s just a slow process at the mo. HTH

£11+ph you must be on Nights then. I’m taking my redundancy from Blenheim, if they think I am going to go from triple time on a bank holiday to standard pay they got another thing coming and I wouldn’t work every Saturday night and Christmas day night for all the tea in China even more so for standard pay. Good luck with the job but I fear it will be a very different place from Bulwell or Alfreton.

P.S. I hope you are physically fit as the warehouse job is hard graft and the targets are a joke, if you think you get greif driving wait till your not on target no exceptions either. They deffo make you earn that £11.56ph

Cheers mate and yes on nights you know the job well… As for the graft show me other local jobs paying that kind of money you won’t find many. And they are hard graft too ex army and landscaper and never earn’t them rates for real graft. Again though if I hate it I’ll have to go back to driving but to be fair head down graft same start and finish every night time with family should be a rate number :slight_smile: if you have any more info or positives negatives pop me a pm so as not to sway others :slight_smile:

So has anybody been through the recruitment process for drivers at this new co op site yet and got a start date

Had the telephone interview, but turned it down before he started, due to work getting busy elsewhere. Have been told to get back in touch if anything changes.

So that’ll be a no then, no drivers actually been set on yet then.

As far as I’m aware one of DHL Thorntons office staff is now back driving and on for them and has been for a week or 2. As a side note is Castlewood actually open yet or are the drivers that they are signing up now based at Alfreton?

Castlewood is in the process of ramping up, some have moved from Blenheim, and about 20 drivers from Alfreton move tomorrow,and then more in a month and then monthly onwards. Slow process.