Co-op Avonmouth open

It’s just opened this week for deliveries I believe and I’m here now, basically get in middle lane when you get here, press appropriate key on intercom and get a bay, no bleeding coffee machine in the chilled goods in office. I’m sure there’ll be teething problems but a nice new site and they started unloading me reasonably quickly.
Edit: they may have started quickly but it’s about 1 pallet every 5 minutes coming off.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: the only problem I can see they’ll have is KEEPING DRIVERS :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: 11 more left last week

nick2008:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: the only problem I can see they’ll have is KEEPING DRIVERS :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: 11 more left last week

why is this it’s not as if there is a national shortage of drivers! Why would 11 drivers up and leave a 30k a year job?

Went there last week only me and a DHL tipping done both of us in 30 mins. No coffee machine in ambient but CAN sit in truck.

NewLad:

nick2008:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: the only problem I can see they’ll have is KEEPING DRIVERS :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: 11 more left last week

why is this it’s not as if there is a national shortage of drivers! Why would 11 drivers up and leave a 30k a year job?

Its Nobby wardrobes’ running the transport side. I know of 20+ drivers that have walked, the job has been advertised as supermarket work which is pi55 take really and then you see the carp they put up with, yeah been there years ago an wont go back to it

@ Bald Bloke, the site has been up and running on Ambient since the 1st week of November, re the coffee machines I think they must be the model with a limited life span as most on the site failed at the end of last week :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

@ New Lad, if it was £30k a year I don’t think they would have a problem despite the attitude of some of the Traffic Managers, its £26K a year and annualised hours and that is why most of the Portbury lot ain’t tranferring over it would be a £6k pay cut :frowning: :frowning:

Having said that it is an easy enough job for a driver who is prepared to work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In there the other day for three hours.

Rooster:
In there the other day for three hours.

must be picking up then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Gunner Til I Die:
@ Bald Bloke, the site has been up and running on Ambient since the 1st week of November, re the coffee machines I think they must be the model with a limited life span as most on the site failed at the end of last week :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

@ New Lad, if it was £30k a year I don’t think they would have a problem despite the attitude of some of the Traffic Managers, its £26K a year and annualised hours and that is why most of the Portbury lot ain’t tranferring over it would be a £6k pay cut :frowning: :frowning:

Having said that it is an easy enough job for a driver who is prepared to work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I forgot that Nobbies are running the transport tbh I don’t think they will for much longer if they keep missing delivery window times or start rolling deliveries. Maybe this is why at Castlewood were doing our own transport, were really big on service levels at the moment so missed deliveries is a big no, no. If there struggling to keep drivers too not good. The job is what you make of it, if you hate tight deliveries and get wound up easily and don’t like a bit of graft it’s not for you, if your a co-op driver its good money too.

Struggling to keep drivers at Andover too! And we get more money and a bit of over time. Don’t know why the pay deals are different but its what stopped me transfering!

p.s coffee machines are the same here too, work for 5 mins in a week only! lol