Co op assessment drive?

Ive got a assessment drive for the co op on Monday, has anyone done one cause the lady said its going to be about 3 hours long so just wondering what to expect ?

Written tests on drivers hours regs, road safety, highway code, road signs, speed limits etc etc. Probably some stuff in the yard for reversing, coupling/uncoupling if it is class 1 work, a road test, and maybe if you’re successful lots of health & safety lectures, familiarisation tour, paperwork and so on.

i dont mean to sound funny. but i would think you will be expected to drive on the assessment

ORC:
Written tests on drivers hours regs, road safety, highway code, road signs, speed limits etc etc. Probably some stuff in the yard for reversing, coupling/uncoupling if it is class 1 work, a road test, and maybe if you’re successful lots of health & safety lectures, familiarisation tour, paperwork and so on.

Thanks, are these multiple choice questions ?

desypete:
i dont mean to sound funny. but i would think you will be expected to drive on the assessment

LOL

newboy23:

desypete:

LOL

Yep, my first thought was: “Yes you are Pete!”

I did one in Birtley. Pretty straightforward really. You will breeze it. Good luck.

3 hrs seems a long assessment drive unless that’s including interview etc.

Good luck with the assessment. Just hold your nerve you will be fine. Where is the depot your having your assessment?

Lea Green, St Helen’s ? Wincanton IIRC. I was chatting to a driver at Chester Services a fortnight ago. He was on artics doing 9am-9pm, 4 on 4 off. I think he said its about £12 per hour but breaks are deducted. He said most drivers hate the place.

eagerbeaver:
Lea Green, St Helen’s ? Wincanton IIRC. I was chatting to a driver at Chester Services a fortnight ago. He was on artics doing 9am-9pm, 4 on 4 off. I think he said its about £12 per hour but breaks are deducted. He said most drivers hate the place.

I looked on the Co op website for driving vacancies recently. There wasn’t any. Now I why :smiley: I will have a look at Wincanton when I get chance. Fingers crossed for you

I looked on the Co op website for driving vacancies recently. LOADS IN WEST THURROCK

Coop obviously do not assess their drivers very well or maybe they just drive how they want after it!
Just had an incident this morning while dropping my other half to work.

Driving along a busy main road when an on coming coop lorry turns right in front of me. There would not have been a problem if the road he was turning into was clear but there was a car sitting waiting to come out of the junction.
Consequently as the lorry could not enter the road because the car was in his way he just stopped and completely blocked the road I was on. Luckily the car driver managed to reverse and let the lorry in and we all went on our way.
Another case of a so called professional driver getting it all wrong. He was quite young so you would think he would have remembered how to turn right safely. :unamused: