CMR query.

Can the French fine you for not having a blank cmr,even if you are heading empty to load,i have been stopped,told them i was empty,and he asked for the cmr,and i dont mean from the last drop,like the Douanes like to know where and what you have been up to,for obvious reasons.
Lets say you run out of cmrs,some firms supply them,but most wont have any,then there is a dilema.

toby1234abc:
Can the French fine you for not having a blank cmr,even if you are heading empty to load,i have been stopped,told them i was empty,and he asked for the cmr,and i dont mean from the last drop,like the Douanes like to know where and what you have been up to,for obvious reasons.
Lets say you run out of cmrs,some firms supply them,but most wont have any,then there is a dilema.

The CMR Convention (full title Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road)

The give away is in the title, GOODS!! No goods no reason to have, or indeed anything to write on a CMR. Where did you load this fresh air, (or of course take it over!!) where are you unloading it??

Is this a wind up Toby??

Ross.

My understanding is that it isn’t a legal requirement to run under cmr regulations, so you don’t even require one when loaded never mind when empty. You could run with just a normal delivery note as long as sufficient information is on it. However as most countries officials are familiar with cmr it makes sense to utilise them.

GBPub:
My understanding is that it isn’t a legal requirement to run under cmr regulations, so you don’t even require one when loaded never mind when empty. You could run with just a normal delivery note as long as sufficient information is on it. However as most countries officials are familiar with cmr it makes sense to utilise them.

I think your wrong there GBPub, all goods carried internationally by road automatically come under the CMR convention so (I believe) should be recorded on a CMR note.

Ross.

bigr250:
I think your wrong there GBPub, all goods carried internationally by road automatically come under the CMR convention so (I believe) should be recorded on a CMR note.

Ross.

Apart from postal shipments, own account goods, household removals and funeral consignments. That last ones saves the embarrassment of asking someone to sign and print for their dead Uncle Eric. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Also movements either way between the UK and Republic of Ireland don’t come under CMR.

Coffeeholic:

bigr250:

Ross.

Apart from postal shipments, own account goods, household removals and funeral consignments. That last ones saves the embarrassment of asking someone to sign and print for their dead Uncle Eric. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget they have to ‘stamp it’ as well!!! :wink:

Ross.

Coffeeholic:
Also movements either way between the UK and Republic of Ireland don’t come under CMR.

Where is the Republic of Ireland ■■?
please answer this one as this is rely important

CMR…>>>R.O.I ■■? priceless,lol
Well Dublin is it’s capital city ROI AKA Southern Ireland

tommy t:
CMR…>>>R.O.I ■■? priceless,lol
Well Dublin is it’s capital city ROI AKA Southern Ireland

Ow I thought it was in the Caribbean
Somewhere near to the Dominican republic
So do I get the job

If you are carrying, collecting an empty tank container or ISO container you need a CMR.

If it is ADR you need the hazards and UN numbers too. When empty the Ziffer / Chiffre number changes as does the Lettre / Buchstabe

Wheel Nut:
If it is ADR you need the hazards and UN numbers too. When empty the Ziffer / Chiffre number changes as does the Lettre / Buchstabe

is there a lot of ADR runs from UK/ Ierland to europe
They tell me tanker driving pays wells

Batista230:

Wheel Nut:

is there a lot of ADR runs from UK/ Ierland to europe

No there are none, they were banned between the UK and Ireland in the seventies due to the threat of Republican terrorism.*

Batista230:
They tell me tanker driving pays wells

You mean like oil wells?

• Other types of terrorism are available. :wink:

Bigr250,no wind up,i told the gendarme,“je suis vide”,still asks for a cmr,the truckstops used to sell them at Arcotel hotel and truckstops,not sure if they still do.
Many on the international cpc struggle with who the consignor and consignee are,the sender and the receiver.

toby1234abc:
Bigr250,no wind up,i told the gendarme,“je suis vide”,still asks for a cmr,the truckstops used to sell them at Arcotel hotel and truckstops,not sure if they still do.
Many on the international cpc struggle with who the consignor and consignee are,the sender and the receiver.

I’m an international CPC holder and still have an International O licence, I’m the first to admit that I’ve been left behind on recent legislation but I’ve never heard of needing a CMR when running empty.

Ross.

bigr250:

toby1234abc:

I’m an international CPC holder and still have an International O licence, I’m the first to admit that I’ve been left behind on recent legislation but I’ve never heard of needing a CMR when running empty.

Ross.

Me neither. I have been asked by the French to produce the signed CMR for my last delivery when running empty but never a blank one.

Coffeeholic:

bigr250:

toby1234abc:

Ross.

Me neither. I have been asked by the French to produce the signed CMR for my last delivery when running empty but never a blank one.

Unless it is a shipping unit like a container on an international journey, there is no need and Tobys condom was trying it on, but as a French driver, they must carry the last months CMR, the reason for the black copy in the books

Wheel Nut:
there is no need and Tobys condom was trying it on

whats a condom

Coffeeholic:
No there are none, they were banned between the UK and Ireland in the seventies due to the threat of Republican terrorism.*

Is that for real then
can you tanker fuel from UK to France?

Batista230:
Is that for real then

doubt you find a ferry to take it

malcolmj:

Batista230:
Is that for real then

doubt you find a ferry to take it

The ferry isn’t a problem, the question being why would you want to?

We don’t use a CMR if we run back empty.