C'mon who's got em?

Just heard on the local news that 414 telly’s were nicked from a wagon as the driver was asleep in his cab on Thursday night / Friday morning on Richmond Rd, Trafford Park. That must be very close to a full artic load, and the driver knew nowt about it till next morning, yeah right. Who’s he trying to kid.

BigBear.

If I’d been the driver, I’d have made ■■■■ sure I didn’t hear anything. I might have phoned the police before making sure the cab doors were locked and sticking my head under the pillow.

What do you expect the driver to do beyond call old bill?

We are not security guards and even if it was in my job description I’m ■■■■■■ if I’d risk a hiding for gear that’s insured.

Driver could easily of been on a fly night out anyway

Anyone know where I can get a stand for 42’’ Sony■■?

Not where i’d have been parking with that much value on board, other places on Trafford Park where the thieves probably would have been noticed unloading 414 large screen TV’s from a ripped trailer curtain in the dead of night :open_mouth: They must have been at it quite a while.

A few years ago while working for a firm who wouldn’t pay parking, and liked you to get the most from your hours. I parked up at the end of some other trucks in a layby, and took nine off. While doing my walk round the next morning I found the near side rear of the curtain had a huge hole cut in it, along with a large amount of the load missing.

I’d been asleep with the night heater on, and genuinely did not hear anything. If I had,think the only thing I would have done was ring the police.

Don’t assume the driver is in on it!!

I’m sure some driver could sleep through loads of racket, I know a driver who slept through the truck next him going up in flames and the fire brigade putting it out. Also as others have said it wouldn’t be a good idea to go and challenge them if you did hear anything.

However did the thieves get lucky or did they know it was full of tellys and if so how, driver, planners, warehouse staff?

And why is such a high value load parked on the road?

Driver didn’t hear a thing? Richmond Road, Trafford Park? Two miles from Salford? Week before Christmas?

Like the driver who didn’t hear anything at the Red Lion two years ago this week when four pallets of vodka were stolen. The driver reckoned they must have come across the field at the back. In the rain. And through a river. And across another muddy field to the M1. And the traffic cameras never spotted a van on the hard shoulder loading. And the cameras on the Red Lion never had anything suspect turn up and no other wagon was touched. Very strange!