Closure Pont Mathilde, Rouen

Hi

Can anyone give me any info on the knock on effect of the closure of the Pont Mathilde in Rouen. Have a to go just south of Chateauroux this Friday and normally use the Rouen, Evreux, Chartres and then onto Orleans etc . Havent been this route since the fire and was hoping for a update or alternative route.

Cheers

JDH

I went thru Rouen northbound a couple of weeks ago in the early hours and got in a right mess as I missed the very small diversion signs on the A13.

However once I got my self sorted out the way through seems to be from the noth heading south is: A28, A29, A151, A150 then pick up the A13 again SW of Rouen. This route was even at 5.30 in the morning VERY busy as it is carrying double the amount of traffic it would normally.

coming south down the A28,keep your eye out for a sign, N15 vernon. cergy pontoise. centre ville, airport.
maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Rouen,+ … ,0,0&z=17
its the last exit before pont mathilde.
come off when you see it follow to lights there is a shell garage in front of you turn left,signed cergy pontoise.
there is a church on your right.
follow road it has five lanes you want the far right one signed D6015 vernon, evreux. follow this road there are a couple or three r/a.
you will run along side the river for a few k’s.

when you come to a roundabout with a sheer cliff on your left,take the first of signed elbeuf D7 and a blue sign for the A13,follow your nose to the A13 and jump back on for evreux.
coming this way down saved a few quid as it cut out a toll on the motorway.
used this in the early 90’s up till i finished european in 2001.

the way that use a name has stated is the best way i used it a lot when going spain think there is a low bridge comeing back that way posted 4.00 mt but we got under ok ,the round about at the end of that road i used to turn left up the hill cant remember the signe posting but if you check out your map shud tell you ,it cuts out a fare bit peage as well .can be a bit slow quite a few villages and lights but a nice run ,watch out for the police in the villages can be one or two kicking about .have even seen them about at night time i never been stoped so maybe after drink drivers ,not been that way for couple years dont think will be any change

Hi

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply.

Food for thought, will make my mind up on the train. Going down with a van and trailer so probably have more options available. Not to boovered about the return leg at the mo as I wont be returning till early January.

JDH

didler:
the way that use a name has stated is the best way i used it a lot when going spain think there is a low bridge comeing back that way posted 4.00 mt but we got under ok ,the round about at the end of that road i used to turn left up the hill cant remember the signe posting but if you check out your map shud tell you ,it cuts out a fare bit peage as well .can be a bit slow quite a few villages and lights but a nice run ,watch out for the police in the villages can be one or two kicking about .have even seen them about at night time i never been stoped so maybe after drink drivers ,not been that way for couple years dont think will be any change

the bridge is 4.1 mt. maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Rouen,+ … 91.45,0,0

When I came through Rouen few weeks back I used the a28 a29 a151 and the n338 and as far as I remember it didn’t add much mileage on and about an extra €4 on tolls but don’t hold me to that tho lol

Adam

I’m probably a little late with this post but for future ref.

South
As stated follow diversion off A28 on to A29 and then onto the 151. Follow all signs for Elbuef after that and this will take you back onto the A13, once on A13 follow for Everux.

Heading north,
Follow A13 for Le Harve, after payage follow signs for Calais onto N338. At the roundabout on N338 follow for Dieppe (A150) and not Calais.

Hope this helps.

Outandabout:
I’m probably a little late with this post but for future ref.

South
As stated follow diversion off A28 on to A29 and then onto the 151. Follow all signs for Elbuef after that and this will take you back onto the A13, once on A13 follow for Everux.

Heading north,
Follow A13 for Le Harve, after payage follow signs for Calais onto N338. At the roundabout on N338 follow for Dieppe (A150) and not Calais.

Hope this helps.

used this route this week nowt in it time wise and quieter in rush hour