Closed

Due to the large number of users of this forum who continue to abuse the ex pats forum, ignore this websites rules and disrespect the owners of the websites standards of what is acceptable posting the use of the section has been withdrawn for the foreseeable future.

We have neither the time, energy, resources or willingness to carry on trying to keep the forum on topic and on track when the participants have shown time and time again that they are not willing to abide by the simple rules of this website despite assurances being given…

Any member who tries to continue the problems created in that forum in any other section of this website will have their posting privelages removed permanently.

It is a shame that this resource has had to be removed, but chances were given time and time again and ignored.

As a prolific ish poster on that forum, I’m disappointed that it’s come to this, I do understand that it kept getting out of hand, but I managed to stay within the law, I may have gone right up to the boundaries a few times, but I never got premodded, nor did many others, many others that, as well as remaining within the rules, also posted a lot of useful and/or interesting stuff, now all of that has gone.

I have tried, both on the forum and in the chat room to do my part to restore peace on the forum, as did one of the premodded contributors, still the crap carried on, but and it’s a big but, the whole forum is now closed because of the actions of the few, why close a forum when you could’ve stopped the silliness by putting the perpetrators on read only for, say a month, with a condition that when they returned they would be given one chance, play up again and it’s an instant return to read only, even the biggest troublemaker would get bored of that quickly, even if they didn’t the work of the mods would be reduced dramatically as there would be no premodding involved.

There are rules I know, you cannot change things just to please a few, but this way everyone wins, people still get the forum, the mods don’t have to continually babysit, nobody has to read through the crap when all they’re looking for is entertainment or information, innocent people have spent many hours posting stuff on there, they’re the biggest losers in all of this.

I am dissapointed by your decision also Rikki. The forum was a great tool for people who were after information about moving overseas, and life in general as an expat.

I myself benefited from the advice i had garnered from others who made the move before me. Now nobody else can get that information. I feel you should have made the forum read only, As there was a lot of useful information on that Forum. And yes I know the forum is still there, we just dont have permission to view it.

Would it not have been better all round to ban the offender / s ?

I too am disappointed by the removal of the forum. It seems we are all being punished for the bad behavior of a small number of us. Could we have the forum back please but without the troublemakers?
I expect the troublemakers will appear in the other forums anyway so why not just ban them and not sanction the well behaved among us?

It’s such a shame that the expats forum has closed. I myself could be going over to the US to do the harvest run, and most of the info I got was gleaned form that board. I really hope it gets restored some day as it’s full of fantastic information.

I don’t read that much in the ex pats forum so have no clue what’s been going on but I will say this, pre-moding people is a pointless waste of time, given that we’re always being told that the mods don’t have time for this that and the other why make work for them by putting people on pre-mod :confused:

If someone keeps breaking the rules or causing trouble they should be verbally warned then suspended for a short period if their behaviour isn’t changed, if on return they still haven’t learned they should be suspended for a month, if on return they still can’t post in an adult responsible manner they should be banned for say six months then permanently if nothing changes on their return.

Closing threads and forums is a cop-out to avoid having to deal with the few trouble makers at Trucknet-UK, there will always be disagreements and sometimes arguments but the vast majority of us manage to stay within the rules and post responsibly so why penalise everyone for the actions of the few.

I have respect for the work the mods and administration do here but please stop closing threads and forums and deal with any trouble makers so the rest of us can continue to enjoy and learn from what at the moment is still the best driver forum on the Internet.

By the way is there any chance the ex-pats forum could be left up as read only, without any threads that’s too far out of order obviously ?

I am still on holiday :unamused: taking note of the genuine requests above I will be taking a look after I return to work to see if I can reinstate the forum while blocking access to those individuals that see it as their personal playground.

If I do reinstate it then all the threads containing the worst of the recent posts will be removed leaving only those threads on topic. This does mean that some good threads will also disappear as they were “hijacked”. I apologise in advance for this but we simply do not have the time and resources to edit all of the multiple threads that went off track.

This will take some time to sort out after I get back to my desk so wont happen anytime soon.

Have a good holiday :wink:

:open_mouth:

Trikki back to his nuclear moderating style again I see :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Rob K:
:shock:

Trikki back to his nuclear moderating style again I see :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

KABOOM there one minute gone the next. :open_mouth: :unamused: :question: :question: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

newmercman:
As a prolific ish poster on that forum, I’m disappointed that it’s come to this, I do understand that it kept getting out of hand, but I managed to stay within the law, I may have gone right up to the boundaries a few times, but I never got premodded, nor did many others, many others that, as well as remaining within the rules, also posted a lot of useful and/or interesting stuff, now all of that has gone.

I have tried, both on the forum and in the chat room to do my part to restore peace on the forum, as did one of the premodded contributors, still the crap carried on, but and it’s a big but, the whole forum is now closed because of the actions of the few, why close a forum when you could’ve stopped the silliness by putting the perpetrators on read only for, say a month, with a condition that when they returned they would be given one chance, play up again and it’s an instant return to read only, even the biggest troublemaker would get bored of that quickly, even if they didn’t the work of the mods would be reduced dramatically as there would be no premodding involved.

There are rules I know, you cannot change things just to please a few, but this way everyone wins, people still get the forum, the mods don’t have to continually babysit, nobody has to read through the crap when all they’re looking for is entertainment or information, innocent people have spent many hours posting stuff on there, they’re the biggest losers in all of this.

I too was a part of the chat room get together, my understanding was that we came to an understanding, and that a tread would be made to DISCUSS what had brought us to that point and how we could move forward get along and make the forum fun again, in a civilized manner. People who were not involved decided they needed to come in and put their 2 cents worth in.

Brentanna:

newmercman:

I too was a part of the chat room get together, my understanding was that we came to an understanding, and that a tread would be made to DISCUSS what had brought us to that point and how we could move forward get along and make the forum fun again, in a civilized manner. People who were not involved decided they needed to come in and put their 2 cents worth in.

Brentanna:

You must’ve been part of another chat room then :unamused:

Nowhere was it mentioned that we would be discussing what went on :unamused:

It was meant to be a fresh start and YOU were meant to drop all the crap that started it, but no, that never happened, you just had to get your POV over, the touchpaper was lit and now expats is gone :unamused:

People who were not involved :question: That’s the whole point FFS, everybody is involved whether they like it or not, it’s a public forum, so while they may not have contributed, reading it involves them and I’m sure most of them wished they hadn’t :bulb:

Less than half a dozen people are the cause of this, some of them are more guilty than others :smiling_imp:

ETA: I realise that this post is just going to kick it all off again, I’d delete it, but it’s been on for a few hours now, so no point, this thread will be removed or locked soon anyway :cry:

Obviously we didnt have an understanding.

If one doesnt understand and learn from History they are bound to make the same mistakes again.

Actually found the proper quote.

" The underlying tenet is that human history will invariable repeat if we don’t heed the messages that history so desperately tries to impart "

Brentanna:

If one doesnt understand and learn from History they are bound to make the same mistakes again.

Obviously :open_mouth:

Why do you have to be the one that teaches the ‘lesson’ all the time :question:

There’s another saying that springs to mind ‘forgive and FORGET’ :exclamation:

newmercman:

Brentanna:

Please come into the chat Mark

Brentanna:

" The underlying tenet is that human history will invariable repeat if we don’t heed the messages that history so desperately tries to impart "

seriously you arnt related to curryfart are you?

if so we could solve the need for fuel in the future

gogzy:

Brentanna:

seriously you arnt related to curryfart are you?

if so we could solve the need for fuel in the future

LOL dont think Carryfast has ever actually quoted anything has he. :question: At least I have not witnessed it.

newmercman:

Brentanna:

Forgiveness must be earned maybe mention to Dave and Flat that to clear the screen in the chat you need to exit and come back 5 times not 3. Yes I did see what they said.