Close Shave with Johnny Foreigner

M25 today in the roadworks. Was overtaken and undertaken by foreign artics, doing 50+ and/or in the width restricted lanes.

That pee’d me off.

Caught up with two of these chaps near Reigate. I was half way passed him in Lane 2, and chum starts coming out from Lane 1 to overtake his buddy. Cars in Lanes 3 & 4 meant all I could do was straight brake and steal a bit of room from Lane 3 (apologies to the car driver).

Why did he pull out on me? I’d guess he it had something to do with his co driver having his feet up on the dash and blocking the driver’s view of the mirrors (left ■■■■■■).

Not really looking for replies — just feel better for sharing it!

I can remember of a few occasions in the past when I’ve either being with my dad abroad or he’s told me about where (usually Belgian) drivers put cruise control on and have their feet up over the steering wheel, trafic stops suddenly, Belgian cant move quick enough and X amount of people lay dead in crumpled up vehicles.

Put your feet up on the passenger side dash of any modern truck to–day, and the driver’s view will be obscured.

I posted a thread a few months ago about Willi Betz drivers.
This was done in jest, but since that thread was posted I have spotted many co-drivers with their Nike tracksuit bottoms on accompanied by white socks .

The Belgians can be seen regularly travelling up the M40, cruise control on, “Clogs” on the floor,left foot on the dash,at a steady 65.

Side pipes, 580 hp rigids and flowers spring to mind.

Cheers,

Niall.

p.s. - are they Clogs or Clacks? :laughing:

Niall:
Side pipes, 580 hp rigids and flowers spring to mind.

:grimacing: Not Impulse Plants then :question: :grimacing:

Yeah some foreign lorries driver one feet up on dash and other feet down , most them of Italian, Germany i have seen them! :open_mouth:

Willi Betz truck, every time you see Co - Driver feet up on Dash with white socks and tracksuit shell bottom, i think trademark part of Willi Betz :smiley:

The new summer clothing is now in stock Ben :laughing:

Travelling from Birmingham to Croydon to - day, I kept my eyes open for the famous tracksuits.

Guess what ? the co-drivers have now started wearing SHORTS with no white socks :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

As a Willi Betz fan, tell me what the difference is between a blue Actros and a White Actros ?
Is it true that the white cabs ( normally single manned ) are piloted by German drivers, and the blues (double manned) are from eastern Europe ?

Cheers,

Niall.

Yeah, Most of Summer, they wear short and sport vest but dont forget Willi Betz have over 15,000 drivers, all drivers have similar and difference taste of fashion. some of those wear tracksuit or jean with Casual shirt or cord trousers with winter knit jumper but in the end they are still Betz drivers!!! :smiley:

Good Question about Merc Actros White and Blue livery, but i dont know why myself :confused: some betz drivers does double manning with Russia, Belarus,Georgia ands Bulgariea plates regs (lots common regular) but few they doing single manning and the Plates regs from western european countries. Some you can see Willi Betz Portugal or spain plates but driver came from orgin Bulgarian, they doing single manning for three weeks away from home.
If you see double manning with east bloc plates regs, they doing away for three months from home.
Few Italian, German, Italian and French drivers still work for Willi Betz but normally you see them in daily weeks not weekends in UK, they work in easy hours but Bulgarain Betz drivers doing drive all weeks and inc weekends too with long daily hours.

If you need question abt Willi Betz stuff then try ask me! :smiley:

Ben. (Willi Betz fan) :wink: