Close call

Skip to 9 seconds.

Its a good job he/she was looking straight ahead or they would be dead.

I was impressed at how fast that stopped.

facebook.com/WhatTheCooler/ … 1007973004

I agree he did a great job of stopping the truck, but to play devils advocate here, if it had been me in his situation I’d have already clocked the stationary bus and reasoned that it would most likely be dropping passengers off so I’d already have been slowing and not hooning along, and I’d most likely be covering the brake already.

That’s not to take away from his efforts though.

I’d already have been slowing and not hooning along, and I’d most likely be covering the brake

I have a feeling the video makes it look like he was going faster than he was and as he/she got it stopped so quick i assume they were over the brake pedal, i wonder if it was empty.

The 2nd one (red truck) is Mrecedes Automatic Brake Assist in action. About 3 years ago, mine did this for a f**king keep left bollard. It scared the bejayzus out of me!

Born Idle:
The 2nd one (red truck) is Mrecedes Automatic Brake Assist in action. About 3 years ago, mine did this for a f**king keep left bollard. It scared the bejayzus out of me!

On a Volvo? Is it really

That video has been doing the rounds for at least a year or 2 now.

That absolutely was not the driver stopping it, it was the emergency brake assist on the Volvo truck that stopped it that quick and safely.

The kid turning and running possibly also helped avoid getting hurt.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk