Close call

Just downloaded a video I captured on my dashcam last week, hadn’t realised quite how close it was at the time…

What a dumb ■■■■■ :unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=1HX1kf2baP4

Where did this happen?

Yep speeding up whilst being overtaken as bad as it gets really… :wink:

Jesus that was a close one, bloody idiot !!

Had a few of those in my short career already.

TiredAndEmotional:
Where did this happen?

Heading towards Kincardine Bridge.

Dipper_Dave:

Ha, nope, sat on cruise at 40 along that road, scamera vans are regular visitors! Had checked mirrors just at the juction with the focus, nobody overtaking, didn’t notice her till she was alongside cab… literally last second, otherwise I’d have backed off - though it’d have been against my better judgement :imp:

Dipper_Dave:

I didn’t see or hear anything like that. Please enlighten!

Must be just me then, cats eyes must get closer together prior to near miss.

Why’s the data line blurred out, presumably to hide the speed reading. :wink:

Dipper_Dave:

Could be to hide the reg. I personally didn’t see any increase in speed.

Just me then.

Dipper_Dave:

Sorry DD still not seeing that. No idea why the “data line” is blurred and I didn’t know there was one but I can see that. OP might help! :slight_smile:

Dipper_Dave:

New to putting vids on YouTube, so I was fannying about with some of the settings / features :confused: Have taken the blur off (give it a few mins to process), 42mph, tho it does read high on the camera for some reason. Speedo and sat-nav were bang on 40.

new pants please,[screw that]

Dipper_Dave:

Didn’t notice any increase in his speed. Sounds like he’s on cruise control with the revs being nice and steady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind if the o.p. sped up or not (if he did, not massively so), but what worries me more is the apparent total lack of response from the approaching HGV :open_mouth: .

the nodding donkey:
Never mind if the o.p. sped up or not (if he did, not massively so), but what worries me more is the apparent total lack of response from the approaching HGV :open_mouth: .

You know I thought that too at first, I think if he’d flashed it’d have brought her to my attention too, he did seem to swerve ever so slightly at the very last second. Kinda bothered me that I hadn’t noticed her though, def checked mirrors at the junction, I guess not enough tho :confused:

the nodding donkey:

You can just see the Mitchell’s truck swerve towards the verge at the last minute. He had run out of options by that point though.

damoq:

the nodding donkey:

You can just see the Mitchell’s truck swerve towards the verge at the last minute. He had run out of options by that point though.

You
Yes, but you would have expected more, and earlier.

the nodding donkey:

damoq:

the nodding donkey:

You
Yes, but you would have expected more, and earlier.

My thoughts were the car seemed to overtake quickly so maybe it dived out from behind and didn’t give the oncoming driver much time to react? Or he may have been distracted?

Maybe the lorry coming the other way didn’t realise the overtaking car’s engine was so pathetic.