Close call thursday

80+ year old didnt see me :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

close call for me on thursday a52 out of derby to ashbourne, my lad has put it on you tube

cool calm and collected :grimacing: :grimacing:

that was close enough to call it a close call

■■■■ poor camera though … :wink:

Eek! :open_mouth:

As a truck driver, you allow for the idiots on the road and allow for their mistakes, so you adapt for every day scenarios like this, and NOT blow your poncey air horns to show your incompetence in driving and then throw the toys out of the pram, grow up, you are an imbecile .

Could have saved the country £200 a year winter fuel allowance!

Similar to mine about 18 months ago except I was doing 56 MPH and had a car passing me in lane 2.
vid110.photobucket.com/albums/n9 … bkh0e6.mp4

toby1234abc:
As a truck driver, you allow for the idiots on the road and allow for their mistakes, so you adapt for every day scenarios like this, and NOT blow your poncey air horns to show your incompetence in driving and then throw the toys out of the pram, grow up, you are an imbecile .

Bit harsh Tobes, suppose the driving GOD that you would like to think that you are would have known for sure that he was going to pull out in front of you three miles before you got there and took the necessary avoiding action well before hand, me I would have hung on the air horns and call him all the names under the sun and a few more just the same as most other normal drivers when some ole fool pulls out as he did :unamused: :unamused:

toby1234abc:

So, please give me the benefit of the doubt and let me get this right.

Truck driver drives his vehicle along a road minding his own, driving to the prevailing conditions, traffic density, sighting, weather etc when without warning, an elderly motorist pulls out of a side road into his path. The professional driver swerves to avoid a potentially fatal collision and sounds his horn in an attempt to warn the motorist of his presence (which I believe according to the highwway code is what its used for!) The truck driver then stops and goes back to check that the elderly driver is OK before continuing his journey.

So,
do please tell us all why this driver ia an ‘imbecile’ and needs to ‘grow up’?
I am all ears! You â– â– â– â–  mikehunt.
Infact, your post is so bloody stupid, I think you must be joking? :unamused:

raymundo:

toby1234abc:

Bit harsh Tobes, suppose the driving GOD that you would like to think that you are would have known for sure that he was going to pull out in front of you three miles before you got there and took the necessary avoiding action well before hand, me I would have hung on the air horns and call him all the names under the sun and a few more just the same as most other normal drivers when some ole fool pulls out as he did :unamused: :unamused:

+1

Good job in missing him. It’s a fine line between disaster and non-event.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: How the F did he not see you ?

toby1234abc:

I have air horns on my wagon, and they have stopped knobs driving in to me on numerous occasions.

Driving along a straight road and not slowing to invite jerks diving out is not incompetent. Slowing/hesitancy at junctions actually creates uncertainty. A good driver would have instantly seen a ’ get out ’ opportunity with regards to the traffic ready to join, by using the turn right lane from the opposite carriageway.

Which is EXACTLY what Si did. Check out SMITHS driving system :wink:

So the 80+ year old didn’t see the truck, which on average is 4m high and 2.6 m wide.

Wonder when he last had an eye test due to his age?

I would have been tempted to ring the Police and inform them so there is a record of it just in case of any comeback.

And Tobes. I agree you are out of order and clearly don’t know the meaning of blowing your horn as Gembo is correct. (Highway Code rule 112. highwaycode.info/rule/112 )

Ken.

TiredAndEmotional:
Could have saved the country £300 a year winter fuel allowance!

FTFY

silly old sod, nice of you to get out and check he’s ok. I’m sure most would have just gave the old chap the coffee beans after that

Saw this on some trucker page on Facebook the other day, didn’t realise it was you Si or I’d have stuck the boot in then! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

raymundo:
■■■■ poor camera though … :wink:

not the camera dont know whats happened when hes uploaded it, said this to my lads

toby1234abc:

i blow my horns to make sure he kept left and STOP, so he turned into me :unamused:

Gembo:
Similar to mine about 18 months ago except I was doing 56 MPH and had a car passing me in lane 2.
vid110.photobucket.com/albums/n9 … bkh0e6.mp4

â– â– â– â–  :open_mouth: