Close and closer still

Last night going up the M1 as I was overtaking 4 lorries I spotted the second unit so bloody close to the first one it almost was part of it. The question is why do some drivers insist of driving so close up the back end of the trailer in front. Slip-streaming?.. or is it just a mad case of I don’t give a ■■■■ to what will happen to me or anyone else if the unit in front has to suddenly brake or take any avoiding action. Before the brain can process what has happened the unit behind has become part of the trailer in front. Surely the safety question comes into play and coming home at the end of the shift in one piece also springs to mind. The last thing anyone would want is for a copper to come knocking with bad news.

Its more a case of - I keep getting closer and closer and nothing happens so I’ll keep doing it

Paul-H:
Last night going up the M1 as I was overtaking 4 lorries I spotted the second unit so bloody close to the first one it almost was part of it. The question is why do some drivers insist of driving so close up the back end of the trailer in front. Slip-streaming?.. or is it just a mad case of I don’t give a ■■■■ to what will happen to me or anyone else if the unit in front has to suddenly brake or take any avoiding action. Before the brain can process what has happened the unit behind has become part of the trailer in front. Surely the safety question comes into play and coming home at the end of the shift in one piece also springs to mind. The last thing anyone would want is for a copper to come knocking with bad news.

Been covered numorous times, but no one really gives a ■■■■ because he is a Proffessional driver!

Ptrobably been said before, but as cabs (and cars etc.) have become more and more comfortable and safe, people tend to be isolated from a sense of potential jeopardy. For example, doing a ton in my Rover 25 now (not that it could!), feels nothing like as dangerous as doing 60 in my first Mini :smiley: :smiley: