Clocks going back (digi tacho)

Do i have to change anything on my tacho head after the clocks have gone back?
I know that the digi tachos work on UT, but do I have to adjust anything?
Also how does it affect my weekly rest?

Thanks
Jo

You can if you wish alter the display3ed time to show GMT, but it isn’t a legal requirement to do so and it doesn’t alter how times are recorded.

It shouldn’t really have any effect on you weekly rest, just make sure you have at least 45 hours if you are taking a regular rest period. Assuming you will have started your weekly rest on BST, add on 45 hours and resume work then, which will actually read as one hour earlier GMT. Example. start weekly rest at 09:00 BST Saturday, resume no earlier than 06:00 BST Monday, which will be 05:00 GMT.

Thanks,

when I changed the time on my clock on the dash the clock on the tacho has changed aswell, so that sorted that one out.

Although it may not be a legal requirement,I WOULD like to know how to alter the time on a Siemens unit,as looking at the wrong time is driving me nuts.

Ken.

You can get the unit to display local time instead of UTC, and the local time can be changed in half hour blocks - but you can’t change the minutes i.e. you can change 08:53 to08:23 or 09:23 etc.
To do this you go into main menu (from standby press the down arrow until “Call main menu” appears then press ok
now press down til you reach “vehicle entry” press ok
now press down til you reach “local time” press ok
you should now be able to use the up/down button to change the time, when you are done press ok then use the left arrow button til it gives the option to “Leave main menu”
On our vehicles (Daf LF) we then go into the dash computer thingy and change setting from “home time” to “local time” so the display on the dash is accurate as well as the VDO.

Hope this helps - I can always grab the manual out the truck tuesday when I get back if any more info needed.

Ginger :sunglasses: