Clock on new Tacho 4 mins out

I’ve just had a new Tacho fitted, the local time on it is 4 minutes out. When I read the book it said I can only alter the factory set time by +/- 30 mins. Should I go back to the Tacho centre or is this within tolerance please?

BB

Basilbrush:
I’ve just had a new Tacho fitted, the local time on it is 4 minutes out. When I read the book it said I can only alter the factory set time by +/- 30 mins. Should I go back to the Tacho centre or is this within tolerance please?

BB

It doesn’t matter about the local time as that’s only on the display screen for your convenience and has no bearing on the recorded data.

The UTC time is important as that’s what’s used for the records on both your driver card and the tachograph head, the UTC time should be within +/- 20 minutes.
The UTC time can be changed by +/- 1 minute per week.

Thank you for the reply Tachograph, I appreciate that. The UTC is showing four minutes out the same as local time so I’ll ask the place which installed it if they’re happy to set it correctly next time I pass there. This’ll save me making a special trip.

BB

You’re welcome, it sounds like someones watch was wrong when they set your tachograph up :smiley: :wink:

Basilbrush:
Thank you for the reply Tachograph, I appreciate that. The UTC is showing four minutes out the same as local time so I’ll ask the place which installed it if they’re happy to set it correctly next time I pass there. This’ll save me making a special trip.

BB

There is no need to have clock reset by a workshop for 4 minutes, they will accept a few minutes. Up to 20 iirc.

Just set it one minute per week and it will only take a month.

I think that’s what I’ll do Wheel Nut, as you say, 4 weeks and the job’s done.

BB