Clock change and digitaco

Hi y’all,

I shall be down the road and parked up on saturday night when the hour drops back . . . may be a daft question, but …

do I need to change the hour manually on the (stoneridge) digitaco, or do they ‘know’ and change themselves■■?

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Never used a Stoneridge but you gottavremember that tachos work on UTC which never changes. I’d wait till shift end when I pop my card out, if local time hasn’t autocorrected I’d alter the local time then. There is no legal requirement to change local time mid shift.

As said, you don’t have to change the time as they run on UTC (which is just a politically correct name for GMT). Local time should change on its own at the next card removal.

… and your tacho wouldn’t allow you to change the time by an hour anyway!

Tachowot? :open_mouth:

You can change local time no problems!and I belive UTC up to 2mins its only called UTC to appease our Euro friends as GMT sticks in their throats for some reason :wink: :wink:

it’s ok, vosa do it automatically when you pass a checkpoint. they download it via bluetooth.
it’s true you know.
dave told me.

limeyphil:
it’s ok, vosa do it automatically when you pass a checkpoint. they download it via bluetooth.
it’s true you know.
dave told me.

Do VOSA know what you done in bed last night :question:

You turn the key, open the front and wind the little white disk round an hour. Got to love analogue!!!

limeyphil:
it’s true you know.
dave told me.

It’s not currently true but there’s no technological reason why it couldn’t be, and I’m sure it will be in five years time.

Some people still refuse to believe that VOSA have weighbridges built into the road which can weigh you at 56 mph and take a photograph of your truck to send to an interceptor car parked up the road :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I understood the bluetooth is there, just legally they can not use it?.