Clipper logistics Selby

Hi folks just a quick question.

Anyone had any dealings with said company in title? What the staff are like and such whether they seem friendly or not. Just got confirmation my new job. Before anyone slates me, my previous employers gave me the push without any notice whatsoever. Probably my fault anyway it’s a clean start for me.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

is that the place where you have to go through potters site to get to it, never been in to clipper but when i,m in potters i see clipper trucks coming in and out wondered where they were going :smiley:

Yeah that’s the place mate, When I first went in I was a bit confused how to get to it :laughing: Ended up going out to go up a very narrow country lane to find you go straight through potter’s yard :laughing: :blush: Just wondering what the staff are like, they seemed a nice enough crowd but what I see and someone else see’s can be two different things :slight_smile:

Cheers

What are Clipper doing @ Selby ■■ Are they getting containers off the train to unstuff ?
Just curious :sunglasses:

From what I know at the moment it’s just Tescos finest clothing brands :laughing: that get shipped out and shipped into that warehouse. Which I assume is why they don’t want any Tesco branded products going into the warehouse! The people I’ve met so far seem a friendly lot, reminds me a lot of when my Dad used to work for Super cook in sherburn with the all iveco fleet. :slight_smile:

Seems more fun than my old job plus it’s better experience to put on my CV than to say I stacked tubs of sweets and what not. Plus I get company uniform and plenty of training to go with it including my FLT being paid for. It’s all good I think :slight_smile:

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:
From what I know at the moment it’s just Tescos finest clothing brands :laughing: that get shipped out and shipped into that warehouse. Which I assume is why they don’t want any Tesco branded products going into the warehouse! The people I’ve met so far seem a friendly lot, reminds me a lot of when my Dad used to work for Super cook in sherburn with the all iveco fleet. :slight_smile:

Seems more fun than my old job plus it’s better experience to put on my CV than to say I stacked tubs of sweets and what not. Plus I get company uniform and plenty of training to go with it including my FLT being paid for. It’s all good I think :slight_smile:

Cheers

I guess it might be clothes … knowing what Clipper do. Good luck with trhe new job FLT will be usefull to have … make sure you get to keep copies of your certificates etc … just in case you move-on.

Thanks mate and I intend to do so, but I can’t see me packing this job in. Seems a much better crowd then what I was working for. And cheers for the luck :smiley:

Cheers

i was part of d t s when clipper bought them out dts used to process cloths for next and the like then deliver them using waggon and drags

Ahh didn’t know that, all I know is it’s mostly if not all tesco’s stuff that they pack and ship off now Learn something new everyday :grimacing:

Cheers

cliffton 27:
i was part of d t s when clipper bought them out dts used to process cloths for next and the like then deliver them using waggon and drags

Same! Mike Daly of DTS was the best gaffer I’ve ever worked for! Worked out of Brimsdown for 7 years! The last 2 years for Clipper! DTS was a miles better mob to work for! They put me through for my Class 2!

I didn’t rate Clipper that much! Large company mentality! The money was good though,but then it was all Handball! Clipper have closed down most of the Brimsdown site! :open_mouth: Good Luck Jonny! :wink:

dessy:

cliffton 27:

Same! Mike Daly of DTS was the best gaffer I’ve ever worked for! Worked out of Brimsdown for 7 years! The last 2 years for Clipper! DTS was a miles better mob to work for! They put me through for my Class 2!

I didn’t rate Clipper that much! Large company mentality! The money was good though,but then it was all Handball! Clipper have closed down most of the Brimsdown site! :open_mouth: Good Luck Jonny! :wink:

i was at middleton however i never drove for them and when i seen em in the center of york to mountain warehouse :open_mouth:

Good luck with your new job Johnny, when do you start?
Can never understand why people ask what a firm is like to work for, you should always go in without any preconceptions. What does it matter if Fred Bloggs thinks it’s a crap firm, you make your own mind up, don’t know what your job is but if you spend the first few weeks sweeping up and making coffee, just do it, don’t whine smile and always turn up for work on time!
p.s. was this the job you had a day off for the interview?

Foxstein:
Good luck with your new job Johnny, when do you start?
Can never understand why people ask what a firm is like to work for, you should always go in without any preconceptions. What does it matter if Fred Bloggs thinks it’s a crap firm, you make your own mind up, don’t know what your job is but if you spend the first few weeks sweeping up and making coffee, just do it, don’t whine smile and always turn up for work on time!
p.s. was this the job you had a day off for the interview?

Thanks mate, and when the woman called me yesterday she told me I would be starting around the beginning of February although she will be sending off the paperwork to arrive here on Monday so I shall have a better clue on the Tuesday or Wednesday! I was just wanting to get other peoples thoughts on staff if they seemed a friendly bunch to them, they seemed really friendly to me but that could be a false illusion for when I actually start working there. But apparently they’ll be throwing me into the deep end which I always think is a good thing :smiley:

And yes this was the job I had a day off to go for, although my previous employers gave me the sack without giving me any prior warning. I found out when I walked through the door Tuesday morning to be told my name is no longer on the books and I couldn’t work if my name isn’t there. Was my fault anyway I should have stuck it out, just put it down to experience and what not :slight_smile: Although I’ve noticed they’re hiring again for the job i did so it says a lot about them :unamused:

But I’m pleased with getting this job, plus the benefits with having company uniform etc seems more work like to me! :smiley:

Cheers

The Rustler:
make sure you get to keep copies of your certificates etc … just in case you move-on

:open_mouth: :laughing:

pleased for you about the job mate, hope it all works out for ya. i know the place your on about, its only up the road from me

dessy:

cliffton 27:

Yep…i worked for DTS out of Hornsey on agency for quite a while back in the day. Before i got my HGV, driving those god awful Merc box vans and the not so bad 7.5 tonners!

ive took containers in there before, seems like a good steady place never any rush and the warehouse staff seem a good happy bunch. :wink:

Cheers SN I’m hoping it goes alright myself, a bit worried on whats to come but just have to take it as it comes so to speak :smiley:

And cheers JD That’s all I needed to know :grimacing: Can’t wait to start to be honest. Will be good to see what colour high viz vest I get :laughing: Ranging from blue, red, a pinkish red or the standard yellow colour :laughing: Hoping I don’t get the pink one! :laughing: :blush:

Cheers

Jonny