Clipper Group Brighouse

This company are advertising for a Class 2 driver, any locals know anything about this company.
Thanks

they do mainly bonded warehousing, ie ■■■■ & booze. They also do various other stuff too…
they also have a place near the stockyard (M18 J1), they are putting a mate of mine through his class 2 atm, Im told the wages arent great though there
Im told the guys employed on the old gagewell contract T & Cs are slightly better off than those on the clipper T & C`s

Ive been asked to go in Hellaby occasionally on the agy doing the ■■■■ to morrisons, averaging 10+ drops a day but i aint that desperate especially as the agy will only pay below average flat rate straight through (no O/T rate paid)

used to work for them when they was gagewell in nottingham. they mainly do shop delivery’s now on the booze since they lost the tobacco contract at nottingham, lot of handball and morrisons supermarket deliverys. money not that good at all lot of early starts.

I went for an interview with them,some years ago when they were in Leeds before they moved to Brighouse,and upon being told what the wages were,I got up and promptly walked out!!!

And for what it’s worth on the wages front,the guy that used to own them,now owns Macfarlanes in Leeds.

Say no more.

Ken.

from what i’ve heard the previous owner was ok, he is the one who now owns macfarlanes. the present owner was rumoured to be one of the people in to buy leeds utd :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i was there a couple of years never got a pay rise in all that time and had a couple of arguments with the office in brighouse about wages, when i was double manning they were only willing to pay a normal 15 hrs shift instead of for the full double man shift, till i told them i was bringing the load of cigarettes back i was on the way to italy with back ( only an hour away from the drop). they are not a company i’d go back to :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

ha ha, I work for them at rotherham and indeed they are crap. I am fortunate enough to be on the old contract and so my money is ok. Why do you think I am trying to get out. just waiting to see if I get the job at B&Q worksop, should know by next week and then I will working with jammy, perhaps ? Dont take the job unless you are desperate and I mean desperate, my job was ace until they took over. now its like I have gone back 20yrs oh and I havent had a payrise either ! tossers

Thanks guys for the info.

I think i will stay where i am for now then :laughing: