Clipped the lorry last night

It’s a tight yard.

I could pull in and screw it around if there wasn’t bins on one side, pallets in the turn area and nice places for the swing are protected with armco or bollards.

I could reverse off a main road across another where the locals frequently put their foot down. Skid marks around the road are interesting. Unless they’re regularly practicing emergency stops there anyway.

Or I could drive in, reverse around a corner, drive out, reverse onto a bay, at an angle, shunt it a few times. Etc

I did that last night and missed something in the blind spot. Did I mention time was tight, I was rushing and stressed and tired… Oh, well I have now.

Not too much damage, but damage all the same. Bent a few brackets, took out marker lights on the unit and got (zb) off over it.

Still alive though and a few spares later it’ll be OK. Still roadworthy. Reported within 12 hours as it’s daytime now. Tried at the time but no response.

Perhaps time to consider agencies again as this isn’t my first and when I’m pushing the limits, and they’re pushing back, I’m clearly not paying enough attention… These 15 hour shifts back to back, on the limiter everywhere… Hmm

Getting [ZB] off with the job now. 4 shifts a week, 15s in 3 and constantly tired. Close on 60 hours in those 4 days every week. Think it’s time to change. Maybe back to agency, even though they’re (zb) too :frowning:

Rate works out now as 7.50ph for class 1

If your thinking about it, do it. Strike whilst the iron is hot is my favourite motto.

Dented:
Getting [ZB] off with the job now. 4 shifts a week, 15s in 3 and constantly tired. Close on 60 hours in those 4 days every week. Think it’s time to change. Maybe back to agency, even though they’re (zb) too :frowning:

Rate works out now as 7.50ph for class 1

7.50 ph :open_mouth: chuffin eck :open_mouth:

Isn’t that minimum wage? They’re taking the mick. Can you name the company?

MikeDBristol:
Isn’t that minimum wage? They’re taking the mick. Can you name the company?

Hahahaha! Minimum wage is £6.50. And people on here say “You could be stacking shelves for more money and less hassle!” (when somebody complains about driving) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But really OP could be working for Stobbies?

No, a family company in the Midlands.

Started doing fixed shifts on 12 hour days but then they flipped me onto mostly 15s in the week, and it’s on day rate too not hourly.

Dented:
Started doing fixed shifts on 12 hour days but then they flipped me onto mostly 15s in the week, and it’s on day rate too not hourly.

Whenever you get day rate find out how many hours its for if they won’t say always work it out for 15 hours

It’s just got worse over time. It was convenient for where I lived and there were occasional nights out, but of late they’ve just been maxing me out everywhere :frowning:

Dented:
No, a family company in the Midlands.

Do they happen to have the name of the company in red?

I have the funniest feeling I’m working for them later…

Edit: And a fleet of Renaults?

I know its not nice to hear and sadly I’m the one who is going to say it but why do you not grow a pair and learn to use the word “NO”?
They can not force you to reduce YOUR daily rest in order to do 15 hour shifts. Yes they can plan your day so long as you remain legal but they can not force you to do it. You have health and stupidity on your side and are clearly tired from not getting enough rest. You need to inform them that you do not feel getting 9 hours daily rest is sufficient for you to recuperate enough to allow you to perform your duties in a safe manner.
If they give it large then simply go on the sick with stress…you know the rest.

Ok truckbling I’ll give it a go. Thsnks

Don’t get stressed - You will not be a HGV driver and not hit a few things its just the way it goes. Long hours are the norm in this industry and 60 hours is pretty much standard. The problem is that when your tired and in a rush things do tend to go wrong. Just accept this and do the best that you can. If you feel that a reduced rest is insufficient just take a full break. No company can force you to reduce if you feel tired. You need to have a very thick skin and do the right thing by you and not the company sometimes. As Truckling has said - If you say no a few times they will get the idea, and then hassle someone who will say yes instead of you - Thats transport I’m afraid :unamused: