Climate change from an expert

You lot make me laugh, you really do. Ignorance is bliss eh. :wink:

Iā€™m positive that come what may Iā€™ll be fine ( donā€™t really care what happens to the rest of you :wink: ).

The reason Iā€™ll be fine is that in preparation to massive climate change I watched an excellent documentary starring Dennis Quaid called The Day After Tommorow. I picked up some invaluable survival hints from this which Iā€™m ready to deploy at a moments notice.

Orā€¦ alternatively I could ignore it and put it down to the planet doing what the planet cyclically does every millennia. What will be will be.

the maoster:
Iā€™m positive that come what may Iā€™ll be fine ( donā€™t really care what happens to the rest of you :wink: ).

The reason Iā€™ll be fine is that in preparation to massive climate change I watched an excellent documentary starring Dennis Quaid called The Day After Tommorow. I picked up some invaluable survival hints from this which Iā€™m ready to deploy at a moments notice.

Orā€¦ alternatively I could ignore it and put it down to the planet doing what the planet cyclically does every millennia. What will be will be.

I take it you did not watch the clip I posted then maoster?

Conor:
Looks like it is already accelerating faster than they were predicting. Main problem is the oceans which have been soaking up around 90% of what weā€™ve put in the atmosphere and theyā€™re reaching saturation. Nobody knew to what level until recently when the survey results of the sea survey commissioned by the Prince of Monaco came back.

Tell us more like what temperatures are we talking and at what depth.Are you suggesting that weā€™re seeing generalised Ocean warming below the currently accepted Thermocline levels.No I thought not.

Here you go Grandpaā€¦What ya reckon?

climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-scie ā€¦ te-change/

jakethesnake:
to convince ME that ā€˜Man Made Climate Changeā€™ is actually something we should worry about.

Did you actually watch the clip? almost 99% of proper scientists believe the opposite of you.

You mean only the Scientists who pedal the bs that you personally believe in.You want to believe it fine but donā€™t try to impose your personal bs ideas onto others.On that note put up by showing the mathematical link/ratio of CO2 increase to temperature increase or shut up.

So tell us how many degrees of temperature increase per how much percentage increase in CO2 and how much would that increase be if we burn all of the worldā€™s remaining fossil fuel reserves ?.Let me guess you ainā€™t got a bleedin clue because there is no link.

On that note we see plenty of calls to tax and re direct Oil and Gas production and products but no calls to cap wells any time soon.Why is that if weā€™re facing a so called Fossil Fuel created Climate Emergency ?.This is all about we burn less or none so that your Chinese Commy mates can have it all instead.

jakethesnake:

the maoster:

Nicely edited btw! You know, the bit where you said it wasnā€™t worth commenting :smiley: . Of course I didnā€™t watch the bloody clip, anyone with means can commission clips/documentaries/studies skewed to whichever view they want.

This is interestingā€¦magic grandpaā€™s big brother

theguardian.com/environment ā€¦ ate-change

Just for the record, the month after the interview (ie Feb 2016), London experienced max temp 14 C and min temp -4 C. Iā€™ll leave you to judge if thatā€™s unusually cold.

the maoster:

jakethesnake:

the maoster:

Nicely edited btw! You know, the bit where you said it wasnā€™t worth commenting :smiley: . Of course I didnā€™t watch the bloody clip, anyone with means can commission clips/documentaries/studies skewed to whichever view they want.

Itā€™s a pity you did not watch it. There was a chart showing how the planet has been heating up (yeah warmer than now etc) and cooling down over the last 100 years or so.
These changes happened over thousands of years but now in the last two decades the temperatures have increased dramatically. I think its blatanly obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense that there are obvious changes to the weather patterns especially with all the extreme weather that have been happening more and more recently.

skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Something to laugh about. :wink:

Too many people are making money out extrapolating figures which have only been recorded over a very short period of time. Records have only been kept for about 100 years or so. My grandfather was born in the 1890s and found it hugely amusing that scientists could believe they could make such predictions. He said that he could remember his father and grandfather talking about the ups and downs of the weather in their memory and bearing in mind the family had a long history of farming the weather was of huge importance to them. What comes around goes around usually in about 120 year cycles. Try reading the likes of Dickens, Bronze, Shakespeare or even the Bible to get a description etc of the weather at that time and you will see that nothing changes.
I accept that this will make no difference to JtSā€™s meanderings.

Beau Nydel:
Too many people are making money out extrapolating figures which have only been recorded over a very short period of time. Records have only been kept for about 100 years or so. My grandfather was born in the 1890s and found it hugely amusing that scientists could believe they could make such predictions. He said that he could remember his father and grandfather talking about the ups and downs of the weather in their memory and bearing in mind the family had a long history of farming the weather was of huge importance to them. What comes around goes around usually in about 120 year cycles. Try reading the likes of Dickens, Bronze, Shakespeare or even the Bible to get a description etc of the weather at that time and you will see that nothing changes.
I accept that this will make no difference to JtSā€™s meanderings.

Another who obviously did not watch the clip. I donā€™t really care who believes what but I do find it amazing that some can completely ignore what is going on all around them.
Everyones making it up just for a laugh. :unamused:

Is it ignorance or arrogance? or just being pig headed? :laughing:

The weather is changing but Iā€™ve no idea if itā€™s down to man or something natural, what I donā€™t like is being told that everything I do is making it worse. Could we have some answers in the first couple of post it says 99% of scientists believe climate change is man made how many of them are paid to think that? They moan about burning the rainforest but cut the forest down in America chip them transport them across America to a ship then send them here to burn them when we are built on coal Why?
We had a schoolgirl sail across some ocean because it was better than flying with loads of publicity but nothing from her saying how she got back Why?
We have film stars flying thousands of miles to say I shouldnā€™t fly but thatā€™s ok because they do the last 5 miles in an electric car then they fly half way round the world for a wedding.

Sorry JnS I donā€™t know you well enough to decide.
But I have a ā– ā– ā– ā–  good idea.

I clicked on the link and as soon as i saw the name Greta Thunderbird i had to turn off. She is mentally disturbed (proven fact) and is been used by manipulative adults to get their bs across. Her parents should face charges of child abuse for letting their loony child appear in front of the worlds media like she has done the past few months

Winseer put it perfectly in an earlier post.

Wonder if Greta and JnS are one and the same cos neither seem to live in the real world.

ArcticMonkey:
I clicked on the link and as soon as i saw the name Greta Thunderbird i had to turn off. She is mentally disturbed (proven fact) and is been used by manipulative adults to get their bs across. Her parents should face charges of child abuse for letting their loony child appear in front of the worlds media like she has done the past few months

Well you missed out then.It was nothing about her really and she is not mentally ill. She has Aspergers syndrome.You jumped the gun there pal.

Is MAN MADE climate change real or isnt it. I dont know. I suspect the real scientists dont know either. But like all research projects, huge chunks of cash are thrown at investigating it. For that funding to continue, they need to keep producing results. A sceptical viewpoint? Probably.

Maybe I would take climate change more seriously if the government actually took real steps towards tackling it. Instead of telling us to ā€œhave a meat free dayā€ (I did watch all the video), make everyone have energy saving lightbulbs, force people to recycle with the threat of fines etc. Maybe the authorities could actually do something themselves.

Stop the empty aircraft from flying simply to reserve parking spots, stop closing ten miles of motorway and forcing all traffic through town and countryside to repair a 100 yard stretch of tarmac and, imo most importantly, stop using climate change as an excuse to tax us. Instead of fining us for not recycling, open the recycling centres 7 days. Make supermarkets have doors on their fridges. I could go on.

The lack of effort from our and other governments makes me sceptical. Stop putting all the onus on the public and MAKE big business do their share.

jakethesnake:

ArcticMonkey:

Well you missed out then.It was nothing about her really and she is not mentally ill. She has Aspergers syndrome.You jumped the gun there pal.

She has Aspergers syndrome, OCD, mutism and has suffered from depression from the age of 11. Iā€™d say sheā€™s mentally ill

jakethesnake:

ArcticMonkey:

She also has ā€œselectiveā€ mutism.
Wish she was less selective about it.

100% stage managed by the parents
bitchute.com/video/mioDAKACre8/

Classic look on her face when trump completely blanks her
google.com/amp/s/www.standa ā€¦ html%3famp