Clever and funny company names

Been sorting through “a few” of my photos and came across some clever company names.

A B C DEE.
Yes that really was the company name. Albert, Ben, Charles, Dee was a farmer and had a couple of tippers.

KNIGHTS of OLD
Very clever! The family transport company run by Don Knight originated from a tiny village near Kettering called Old.

Sadly, I can’t find any photos of the next company, but I’ll keep looking.
Hopefully the company initials won’t get “bleeped” out.
TRANSMEC INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORT from Italy.
On the back of the trailers, in big yellow letters, were the initials ■■■
Their modern trucks just carry the Transmec wording, so can anyone find a pic from the 80’s?
I will supply a pie for anyone who can:lol:

Then there was KOCH from Austria… and WAN**R from Germany.

Anyone got any more?

There was a company from Crickhowell in Powys called Hippo Campo, they ran box vans, delivering frozen food. ( I think )

Whilst on this subject (slightly) can anyone say what was objectional to the French in the word Salop ? Is it another urban myth that they objected to this abbreviation of Shropshire ?
I can recall a large cattle oving transport company in France named ■■■■■■■ !!

Big Leggy:
Whilst on this subject (slightly) can anyone say what was objectional to the French in the word Salop ? Is it another urban myth that they objected to this abbreviation of Shropshire ?
I can recall a large cattle oving transport company in France named [zb] !!

Just did a google search of frech woed Salop and it apparently translates to Ba$t4rd in English:lol: :laughing:

Regards Pat

In the early seventies I was stood next to a driver from Northern Ireland Trailers who had the letters N.I.T. on his overall pocket, :laughing: I just got the giggles.
Apparently, Billy Tingle from Glossop had the words Short Haul International Transport on the door but he only had the initials on the headboard. :unamused:

How about the transport company operated by the outgoing U.S. President and his father?

There’s a guy down our way, 1066 country near Hastings, has a 4 wheeler cement mixer, goes by the name of “William the Concreter”. Brilliant.

brookie.

Many years ago (when I wore a young mans clothes) there was an International Company running F12 Globetrotters – only they had changed the headboards to read Globetrotter - Bogtrotter - Snotgobbler etc etc !! Whenever I have mentioned this in conversation no other driver can recall the company !
I didn’t imagine it did I (excessive Frizanti can cause confusion I believe)…■■

Or - Willie Lambie whose trailer no. was PEN15

Not a truck company I know,but,I had a small coach come past me a few months ago from the Ruhr area somewhere,and the name on the back was …

Well,let’s just say it was a four letter word starting with F,ending in K and had UC in the middle.
I kid you not,I just wish I’d had my camera close to hand.

I don’t know the chap in question but I remember an ill fated (I think) O licence application a few years ago. He went by the nickname of Sumo.
The application was made in the name of

Sumo Overland Direct International Transport ! (You work it out.)

I beleive the T.C. objected to the initials.

Big Leggy:
Many years ago (when I wore a young mans clothes) there was an International Company running F12 Globetrotters – only they had changed the headboards to read Globetrotter - Bogtrotter - Snotgobbler etc etc !! Whenever I have mentioned this in conversation no other driver can recall the company !

I can definitely remember seeing the “snotgobbler”, would’ve been late eighties ? That was pre-frizzante days for me, so I’ll back you on that one!! :wink: :laughing:

brookie

What about Davies logo.

don,t know if this was for real or a wind up .But there was a atkinson knocking around in stoke a few years ago with

norfolk & good
for
transport

written on the doors?

Brilliant Thread this
Sorry Dave Head if your reading this , but D. Head Transport on your DAF Lorry in the eighties was just too much .
Frenchy .

brookie:

Big Leggy:

I can definitely remember seeing the “snotgobbler”, would’ve been late eighties ? That was pre-frizzante days for me, so I’ll back you on that one!! :wink: :laughing:

brookie

There was a guy from the North East somewhere used to use the Ipswich-Europoort boat in the early 90’s,an owner-driver,he had a white F12 with Snotgobbler on the front.

I once followed a coach from a company I.I.R.C. called Chiltern Queens. I expected it stopping and seeing a load of Julian Clarey look a likes getting off

frenchy:
Brilliant Thread this
Sorry Dave Head if your reading this , but D. Head Transport on your DAF Lorry in the eighties was just too much .
Frenchy .

sorry for diverting from transport, but seeing your bit about Dave Head, well a kid in my class was David Head, and kid you not his brother was called Richard.! there was also a kid in my year and I swear it is true, called Wayne Carr.

I had to tell you that one, now back to the thread!

brookie.

Gavin McArdle:
Or - Willie Lambie whose trailer no. was PEN15

Gavin, did an O/D have that PEN15 reg on his truck and not just a trailer in the mid 80’s? I’m sure he did truck racing too, a bit of a celeb in the mags etc, I can’t remember his name though.

brookie

KW:
Not a truck company I know,but,I had a small coach come past me a few months ago from the Ruhr area somewhere,and the name on the back was …

Well,let’s just say it was a four letter word starting with F,ending in K and had UC in the middle.
I kid you not,I just wish I’d had my camera close to hand.

I must correct you here, it’s a six letter word :wink: