Cleanup operation

dng24.co.uk/pickers-shock-a … ttle-haul/

I will and do take a leak on the nearside wheel in a layby, but making it to a bin with litter isn’t really such a challenge is it?

njl:
I will and do take a leak on the nearside wheel in a layby,

Disgusting. Why can’t you do it on the grass or soil so that it disappears instead of making laybys stink!

All they need to do is setup some camera’s in the worst effected places.

£1k fixed penalty for littering.

It would pay for the cleanup and certainly make people think twice about littering after their first fine!

Also too many laybys without bins, too many bins not getting emptied.

I don’t even make it to the ground, I just stand on the passenger side middle step and aim for the drain. That way I don’t have to stand in anything unusual

stu675:

njl:

Disgusting. Why can’t you do it on the grass or soil so that it disappears instead of making laybys stink!

Or down the drain if there is one which there will be.

stu675:

njl:

it is about marking the territory, I used to when in international at the EU motorway services on the driver’s tyre, as sending a signal for unwelcome visitors. We humans are mammals and pheromones play their role

–being ousted of the industry leaves me time to watch documentaries of all sorts, I am poorer but better educated

_JD:

stu675:

njl:

it is about marking the territory, I used to when in international at the EU motorway services on the driver’s tyre, as sending a signal for unwelcome visitors. We humans are mammals and pheromones play their role

–being ousted of the industry leaves me time to watch documentaries of all sorts, I am poorer but better educated

Excellent effort, but you need a more detailed type of documentary :wink:

The scientific definition of a pheromone is (usually) that it produces a specific reaction in the recipient animal and that reaction is involuntary. Researchers have found evidence that female menstruation can be affected by secretions from other menstruating females, and that male testosterone can increase in the presence of menstruating females, but “But there is no evidence of a consistent and strong behavioral response to any human-produced chemical cue.”
scientificamerican.com/arti … ones-real/

The haulage industry gets enough grief already, anybody who can’t be more reasonable in how they deal with their bodily functions isn’t anyone I’d want to associate with.

Zac_A:
(…) anybody who can’t be more reasonable in how they deal with their bodily functions isn’t anyone I’d want to associate with.

you never understood the other kids peeing and doing “unreasonable” stuff all together, that is, all together. It is not unreasonable, you just never got it

I often see these bottles, with their narrow necks, and I can’t help but think what a bunch of pencil dicks.

_JD:

Zac_A:
(…) anybody who can’t be more reasonable in how they deal with their bodily functions isn’t anyone I’d want to associate with.

you never understood the other kids peeing and doing “unreasonable” stuff all together, that is, all together. It is not unreasonable, you just never got it

Just because boys in private schools did certain things together, doesn’t mean that we all need to start doing it…

This is just taking the ■■■■…

_JD:

Zac_A:

We’re talking about adult men at work, not kids. :unamused: A grown man ■■■■■■■ in public in the middle of the day, or throwing a bottle full of it on the grass is unreasonable behaviour, for normal people.

Zac_A:

_JD:

Zac_A:

We’re talking about adult men at work, not kids. :unamused: A grown man ■■■■■■■ in public in the middle of the day, or throwing a bottle full of it on the grass is unreasonable behaviour, for normal people.

“Do not walk on the grass” - would be obeyed, when my generation were kids…

Were there not “Do not Spit” signs in buses?

There’s change among what has been considered “socially accepted and acceptable” over the years, after all…

No one thought anything of “second hand smoke” 50 years ago, but these days no one thinks anything of murdering your unborn child because of “economic convenience” - do they?

Public are just as bad as drivers, especially in the countryside, Went wild camping in Devon after covid, poop behind every carparks stone wall… but they locked all the toilets during covid so bound to happen…

If some use bottles etc, better that than getting in a cab with a damp seat, or one when you turn the heating on full heat, the cab starts to develop a hint of pee… had that before…