Cleansing Service Group - Middlesbrough

Does anyone know anything about these? What is the work like ? I’ve read the job description and it doesn’t sound too bad but they always sound better in the adverts lol, the money seems decent for the area so just looking for any information. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It may have been a depot thing but they had a reputation for being absolutely ■■■■ about vehicle and equipment condition. They used to spend a fortune.

cav551:
It may have been a depot thing but they had a reputation for being absolutely ■■■■ about vehicle and equipment condition. They used to spend a fortune.

Thanks mate , have you worked for them or do you work for them ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cav551:

can confirm this, they own J G environmental and all the kit is spotless also. dobt know about conditions though.

Aurri:

cav551:

can confirm this, they own J G environmental and all the kit is spotless also. dobt know about conditions though.

Cheers mate I’ve never seen them about before to be honest , seen where the yard is in Middlesbrough and the job advertised the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot confirm this because I have never worked for them but the nature of some of the work they do probably comes under Domestic regs. There is also a strong possibility that there is also an element of exemption under Emergency regs.

cav551:
I cannot confirm this because I have never worked for them but the nature of some of the work they do probably comes under Domestic regs. There is also a strong possibility that there is also an element of exemption under Emergency regs.

Yeah I was thinking that as you go on a call out rota, never done that kind of work before so not sure what it is exactly they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do all sorts from chemical waste to drain clearing.
Usually dirty and smelly stuff.

used to work for these out of thier rochdale depot doing small lab chem collections

money was good £22k salaried for 7.5t work 45hrs per week run mon - fri with some voluntary sat morning work

as stated J&G do the curtainside work tankers are in house class 1&2 very strict on h&s kit well looked after and renewed on regular basis
lots of training cpc & adr in house any specific training for HF acid cyanide or similar bought in

tankers do slurry pits septic tanks catch tanks etc toilets at events like glasto . can also be some bulk tanks of pretty nasty and lethal chemicals

uniform provided ppe replaced as required with no quibles you need a new pair of boots or coat mask or anything along those lines usualy held in stock and replaced there and then

family run and owned company making about £70 million a year profit shares available to staff depots throughout the country good bonus every year decent company pension

miidlesboro depot is small close nit group based in Wilton center so if you fit in you will enjoy it good luck mate there are a lot worse companies to work for